RemedySpot.com

Re: Long term antibiotic use

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That sounds SO familiar. My beloved pulmonary doc, a mother of six children, moved out of my area, and the docs I have seen since she left are pretty much "huh?" I know they are only human, but give me a break. The only reason I have gotten the treatment I have gotten, is because I was given a copy of all of my medical records when I changed doctors and I started doing research. No one ever bothered to explain anything to me and still don't. I get my ten minutes for $$$. Fortunately, I have very good insurance.

So good to be able to vent in this arena.

MarilynStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I have been with my pulmonary doctor since day 1..that was well over 10 years ago. He's a tad staunch..his bedside manner sux..but considering I've been living with and suffering with Alpha1 Antitrypsin Deficiency for over 22 years and bronchiectasis for 4 years..have only had one hospital admission and am still thriving..I'd say he's excellent at what he does..I'd never leave him, even though at times he does piss me off..he's still the best I've ever had.

Sandie MD USA

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I have been with my pulmonary doctor since day 1..that was well over 10 years ago. He's a tad staunch..his bedside manner sux..but considering I've been living with and suffering with Alpha1 Antitrypsin Deficiency for over 22 years and bronchiectasis for 4 years..have only had one hospital admission and am still thriving..I'd say he's excellent at what he does..I'd never leave him, even though at times he does piss me off..he's still the best I've ever had.

Sandie MD USA

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Sandie MD USA

That is a GREAT idea. Actually, I believe she and her family moved to southern Illinois, near Carbondale. Her name is Schupp and she is a former nurse and pulmonologist. Maybe someone who lives in that area has heard of her.

That is a GREAT idea. Actually, I believe she and her family moved to southern Illinois, near Carbondale. Her name is Schupp and she is a former nurse and pulmonologist. Maybe someone who lives in that area has heard of her.

Dr. Darren Hoffberger, Pompano Beach, FL - , I think he's great! Eileen-FLTeambrown wrote: Maybe if someone on the list comes across a good – caring – Dr.- no matter where in the country – they could give his name. It might be a way for us to start to move together to Dr’s that are caring and helpful…and maybe “all” of us won’t continue to have to waste our time and “money” looking for the answer

under the wrong rock. From: bronchiectasis [mailto:bronchiectasis ] On Behalf Of Mmanow1aolSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:47 AMTo: bronchiectasis Subject: Re: Long term antibiotic use , That sounds SO familiar. My beloved pulmonary doc, a mother of six children, moved out of my area, and the docs I have seen since she left are pretty much "huh?" I know they are only human, but give me a break. The only reason I have gotten the treatment I have gotten, is because I was given a copy of all of my medical records when I changed doctors and I started doing research. No one ever bothered to explain anything to me and still don't. I get my ten minutes for $$$. Fortunately, I have very good insurance. So good to be able to vent in this arena. Marilyn Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

and Marilyn, Both my mother and I graduated from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois. It is about 40 miles from my hometown. My cousin lives near there. Several years ago she went there for treatment for breast cancer. Please let me know if you want me to ask her. NormaMmanow1@... wrote: , That is a GREAT idea. Actually, I believe she

and her family moved to southern Illinois, near Carbondale. Her name is Schupp and she is a former nurse and pulmonologist. Maybe someone who lives in that area has heard of her. Marilyn Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

and Marilyn, Both my mother and I graduated from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois. It is about 40 miles from my hometown. My cousin lives near there. Several years ago she went there for treatment for breast cancer. Please let me know if you want me to ask her. NormaMmanow1@... wrote: , That is a GREAT idea. Actually, I believe she

and her family moved to southern Illinois, near Carbondale. Her name is Schupp and she is a former nurse and pulmonologist. Maybe someone who lives in that area has heard of her. Marilyn Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

i also went from one doctor, to another that spent 5 mins with you,without suggestions of any new treatment, or ideas to treat your condition,untill i found the doctor, i have now, he's ( Kotloff ) the head of pulmonary at the university of Pennsylvania hosp, in phila .3400 spruce street phila pa,19104

from my first appt with him, he immediately set up a new tests, and strategy and suggestions to treat my condition,

you need to find a doc like him that actually cares about treating you, and giving you your best chance at living your best and as long as you can with these conditions.

I have bronchiectisis, I've had it since i was 9 years old, in result of having sever bi lateral pnuemonia

at that time i was in the hosp for 4 months with 4 chest tubes, a trachiotomy', and was givin my last rights 2 times

I'm now 42

find a good doctor

bill gwalthney

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

i also went from one doctor, to another that spent 5 mins with you,without suggestions of any new treatment, or ideas to treat your condition,untill i found the doctor, i have now, he's ( Kotloff ) the head of pulmonary at the university of Pennsylvania hosp, in phila .3400 spruce street phila pa,19104

from my first appt with him, he immediately set up a new tests, and strategy and suggestions to treat my condition,

you need to find a doc like him that actually cares about treating you, and giving you your best chance at living your best and as long as you can with these conditions.

I have bronchiectisis, I've had it since i was 9 years old, in result of having sever bi lateral pnuemonia

at that time i was in the hosp for 4 months with 4 chest tubes, a trachiotomy', and was givin my last rights 2 times

I'm now 42

find a good doctor

bill gwalthney

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Thanks so much Eileen and all that have sent….keep them coming…..I

think they will help all of us.

bronchiectasis [mailto:bronchiectasis ] On

Behalf Of Eileen Bauer

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:24 PM

To: bronchiectasis

Subject: RE: Long term antibiotic use

Dr. Darren Hoffberger, Pompano Beach, FL - , I

think he's great!

Eileen-FL

Teambrown wrote:

Maybe if someone

on the list comes across a good – caring – Dr.- no matter where in the country

– they could give his name. It might be a way for us to start to move

together to Dr’s that are caring and helpful…and maybe “all” of us won’t

continue to have to waste our time and “money” looking for the answer under the

wrong rock.

On Behalf Of Mmanow1@...

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:47 AM

To: bronchiectasis

Subject: Re: Long term antibiotic use

That sounds SO

familiar. My beloved pulmonary doc, a mother of six children, moved out

of my area, and the docs I have seen since she left are pretty much

" huh? " I know they are only human, but give me a break.

The only reason I have gotten the treatment I have gotten, is because I was

given a copy of all of my medical records when I changed doctors and I started

doing research. No one ever bothered to explain anything to me and still

don't. I get my ten minutes for $$$. Fortunately, I have very good

insurance.

So good to be

able to vent in this arena.

Marilyn

Start the year

off right. Easy

ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find