RemedySpot.com

weight gain and heart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,Hi Marilyn, I have been a long time member of this group but have not contributed much this past year. I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis at age 66 after about 5 years of being treated for allergies, asthma, chronic bronchitis and chronic sinusitis about 15 years after moving to the Austin, Texas area. I am presently in pulmonary rehab. My pulmonary doctor said that he would not allow me to go to rehab. until I weighed 105 lbs. as he thought that I would loose weight from burning too many calories. I met with a dietitian at my local hospital and was put on a high dairy protein, low carb. diet. I did gain weight--up to 102 lbs. He finally agreed to let me go to rehab. I have always been very thin, and my normal weight was 110-115 lbs.. When I started pulmonary rehab., I had a meeting with a dietitian at rehab. who only works with pulmonary and cardiac patients at the largest

and best hospital in Austin. She told me that dairy caused increased mucus and recommended some expensive weight gaining powder, Kashi-Go-Lean, only available in this area at Whole Foods Market. When I went off the high protein dairy diet after meeting with her I have lost 8 lbs. and am now down to 90 lbs. which concerns me. What pharmacy did you buy the "Weight Gain" product? I also have had long term heart rhythm problems and am presently being treated by an cardiac electrophysiologist at a heart hospital. At the first visit, he told me that my cardiac problems were being exacerbated by the bronchiectasis. I have a son and daughter who live in Chicago. I am originally from the southern part of Illinois. When my son was living in Oak Park, he took me to some antique shops in St. . I thought that it was a beautiful

town. Norma (in Austin, TX area)