RemedySpot.com

Re: New Year, Welcome everyone & Reintroduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

With all the new people, i guess it's time for a reintroduction

Laurie,

Thanks so much for the bio. It's good to have some background to get to know people. Do you live in Portland Maine or Portland Oregon?

JanetSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Oregon, sorry!

Near the Columbia River gorge and I can see Washington as I drive down

one of the major streets.

laurie

>

>

> In a message dated 1/1/2008 11:02:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> spamthekat@... writes:

>

> With all the new people, i guess it's time for a reintroduction

>

>

> Laurie,

>

> Thanks so much for the bio. It's good to have some background to

get to

> know people. Do you live in Portland Maine or Portland Oregon?

>

> Janet

>

>

>

> **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes

> (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

>

Oregon, sorry

I used to live in Seattle for a couple of years and then on the Olympic Penisula for year. I think its the most beautiful place I have ever been. I HATED leaving it but that was the way circumstances led me at the time. I can't wait to come back and visit one day. I have a very good friend now who is living in Seattle and we are starting to talk about an Alaska trip some day.

Time will tell.

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I have yet visit the olympic penninsula. my husband has been, he got

to ocean kayak with orcas, it was pretty cool from what he said.

we were supposed to go one year but my husband's brother asked us to

wait until he could come and then he couldnt come.

i think we could do it next year.

have you been to oregon? there's a place in the Coastal Range where

it rains almost as much as the penninsula, the flora & fauna is

supposed to be comprable to the penninsula.

laurie

>

>

> In a message dated 1/3/2008 10:10:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> spamthekat@... writes:

>

> Oregon, sorry

>

>

> I used to live in Seattle for a couple of years and then on the

Olympic

> Penisula for year. I think its the most beautiful place I have

ever been. I

> HATED leaving it but that was the way circumstances led me at the

time. I can't

> wait to come back and visit one day. I have a very good friend now

who is

> living in Seattle and we are starting to talk about an Alaska trip

some day.

>

> Time will tell.

>

> Janet

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Laurie,

We drove down to Orgeon one weekend and what we saw I do not know. It was back in 1981-84 when I lived out there and all I remember was that the incredible views and magnificent trees and the drive along the coast. I truly love the Pacific Northwest and would love to live there. I moved to North Carolina for practical reasons and fell in love with the climate here and have since discovered Asheville and the whole culture that goes with the Eastern Mountains. But I sure do intend to do back out there to visit and I hope to include Alaska in that trip!

I did not realize that you were in Asheville, Janet

No, sadly I am not in Asheville, I am just east of Raleigh on I40 and Asheille is 4 and half hours to mey east (I know! I do that straight shot whenever I can! lol) I dearly love that area (OMG the art galleries and the beauty of the mountains) and I have frequently wished that I had known about it before I ever moved to NC!! But I have tried to move up there a couple of times and its just not practical. The real estate is more expensive than it is down here and the wages, sadly, are less. The only home health and hospice I found with state retirement is at the hospital in Waynesville! (I used to date a guy from Waynesville for a couple of years BTW lol) And I am not so sure that I want to take the pay cut to do home health on those winding mountains roads and in weather that is frequently a lot worse in the winter. All that said, I do have retirement fantasies associated with Asheville, but am still too far from retirement to make a decision about that. (I have these dreams of a rocking chair on a porch and a mountain view. Oh My! lol)

I did not realize that you were in Asheville, Janet. I was born just west of there, in Waynesville. I have family in Asheville and that area. We evacuated there for six weeks after hurricane Katrina left our town without electricity, water or other utilities for that length of time. Stayed on a mountaintop near Weaverville and did not want to come back to steamy Mississippi.

My daughter went to college in Spartanburg and I would dirve up, pick her up and we would come to Asheville to visit the NC Auboretum, the Farmer's Market, lunch at the Moose Cafe and dinner at Trevi's. Great used book stores, and the best yarn shop in the world in the old part of downtown. While there, I went to a talk by someone who had known Kubler Ross and several of the other founders of the hospice movement and learned that hospice in North Carolina is lightyears ahead of us.

W

Re: Re: New Year, Welcome everyone & Reintroduction

In a message dated 1/4/2008 11:07:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, spamthekat writes:

Laurie,

We drove down to Orgeon one weekend and what we saw I do not know. It was back in 1981-84 when I lived out there and all I remember was that the incredible views and magnificent trees and the drive along the coast. I truly love the Pacific Northwest and would love to live there. I moved to North Carolina for practical reasons and fell in love with the climate here and have since discovered Asheville and the whole culture that goes with the Eastern Mountains. But I sure do intend to do back out there to visit and I hope to include Alaska in that trip!

Janet

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM

I have a good friend here who teaches nursing in the local ADN program who is in love with Asheville and would love to move there for all the same reasons you and I love it, and said she cannot for the same reasons you said.

While I was there after Katrina, I stayed in a house my cousin was remodeling. It would have sold for under $100,000 here, two bedrooms, two baths, older frame house. He ended up getting $325,00 for it. I could not get that for my 3,000 sq ft custom built house on a beautifully landscaped acre in sight of the gulf, so for that reason and because my three children and my grandchildren are here, here is where I will stay, and there is where I will visit.

We went up for Christmas the year after my husband died and my daughter's senioir year in high school and stayed at the Waynesville Country Club. Amazingly, it snowed, a real staying, sticking snow. A Christmas to remember!! Re: Re: New Year, Welcome everyone & Reintroduction

In a message dated 1/5/2008 9:08:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, labtrek1941bellsouth (DOT) net writes:

I did not realize that you were in Asheville, Janet

No, sadly I am not in Asheville, I am just east of Raleigh on I40 and Asheille is 4 and half hours to mey east (I know! I do that straight shot whenever I can! lol) I dearly love that area (OMG the art galleries and the beauty of the mountains) and I have frequently wished that I had known about it before I ever moved to NC!! But I have tried to move up there a couple of times and its just not practical. The real estate is more expensive than it is down here and the wages, sadly, are less. The only home health and hospice I found with state retirement is at the hospital in Waynesville! (I used to date a guy from Waynesville for a couple of years BTW lol) And I am not so sure that I want to take the pay cut to do home health on those winding mountains roads and in weather that is frequently a lot worse in the winter. All that said, I do have retirement fantasies associated with Asheville, but am still too far from retirement to make a decision about that. (I have these dreams of a rocking chair on a porch and a mountain view. Oh My! lol)

Janet

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM