RemedySpot.com

Re: AFTER THE HOLIDAYS!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi W: Yes I have missed chatting back and forth. Don't really know why I haven't written lately----just seems like I am always in a hurry.

I wanted to send this to all----Doe's it sound familiar to any of you?? It sure applies to me - HA. It seems like I spend my life TRYING to take off the pounds I put on from whatever I happen to be celebrating. I think I CELEBRATE TOO MUCH - HA.

Oh well - my philosophy is: If you fall---pick yourself up and keep trying.

'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house

Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste

All the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!

When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;

The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese

And the way I'd never said, 'No thank you, please.'

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt (I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY HUSBAND'S OLD SHIRTS)

And prepared once again to do battle with dirt

I said to myself, as I only can

'You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!'

So away with the last of the sour cream dip,

Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished

'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.

I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,

I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore

But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.

Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

Author Unknown

Now we can all pick ourselves up and start again. Maybe I'm the only one that has to do that - Shirley from Southern Illinois - Very windy and dreary here today. We haven't had a bad winter so far though. Not much snow at all and not real cold yet.

Great to hear from you, Shirley. So good to hear that you are doing better after

your knee replacement. I think you express youself very well and I have missed your postings. My youngest grandson (the light of my life) will be 1 on your birthday.

W

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Thanks, Shirley. I think I will send that on to several of my friends. It surely applies to me.

W

Re: AFTER THE HOLIDAYS!!!

Hi W: Yes I have missed chatting back and forth. Don't really know why I haven't written lately----just seems like I am always in a hurry.I wanted to send this to all----Doe's it sound familiar to any of you?? It sure applies to me - HA. It seems like I spend my life TRYING to take off the pounds I put on from whatever I happen to be celebrating. I think I CELEBRATE TOO MUCH - HA.Oh well - my philosophy is: If you fall---pick yourself up and keep trying.

'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the houseNothing would fit me, not even a blouse.The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd tasteAll the holiday parties had gone to my waist. When I got on the scales there arose such a number!When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared, The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheeseAnd the way I'd never said, 'No thank you, please.'As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt (I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY HUSBAND'S OLD SHIRTS)And prepared once again to do battle with dirt I said to myself, as I only can'You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!'So away with the last of the sour cream dip,Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip Every last bit of food that I like must be banished'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick. I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a boreBut isn't that what January is for? Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet! Author UnknownNow we can all pick ourselves up and start again. Maybe I'm the only one that has to do that - Shirley from Southern Illinois - Very windy and dreary here today. We haven't had a bad winter so far though. Not much snow at all and not real cold yet.Great to hear from you, Shirley. So good to hear that you are doing better after

your knee replacement. I think you express youself very well and I have missed your postings. My youngest grandson (the light of my life) will be 1 on your birthday. W**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1210 - Release Date: 1/5/2008 11:46 AM

Shirley,

I just read this! Thanks for sending it! I was sitting here talking with a friend about how depressing January can be just yesterday and we could not put our finger on it. I think this does it! lol

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.