RemedySpot.com

Re: Keeping copperheads away

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We have copperheads here, and I have seen them out in the woods, but fortunately, never any kind of poisonous snakes on our propertyM

The back half of my property is woods and I have a running battle with the copperheads because we have a creek behind my land. I fenced the back yard and put in a doggie door two years ago then last year I had an area behind the fence thinned and a lot of the small trees and brush taken out. this year I will clean it back a little further and do some work to prevent the regrowth. (great workout - just a problem finding the time!) My main concern is the dogs - particularly Truffles who only weighs 10.5 lbs. I killed one last year right by the back fence that was about 3' long and another little one when I moved a rock. I hope they retreat to the woods and get out of our subdivision! Unfortunately I live at the back of the subdivision and up against the woods and creek!

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I am so glad the only poison snakes we have here are rattlers. The kids love playing with the other snakes and I encourage responsible treatment of them. We have few mice, although when we first moved here we had a lot of trouble with them in the winter, they all wanted to move into the house. On the other hand we have recurring issues with the raccoons and opossums who keep thinking they deserve our cat food! lol

Jane

In a message dated 1/11/2008 5:24:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, labtrek1941bellsouth (DOT) net writes:

We have copperheads here, and I have seen them out in the woods, but fortunately, never any kind of poisonous snakes on our propertyM

The back half of my property is woods and I have a running battle with the copperheads because we have a creek behind my land. I fenced the back yard and put in a doggie door two years ago then last year I had an area behind the fence thinned and a lot of the small trees and brush taken out. this year I will clean it back a little further and do some work to prevent the regrowth. (great workout - just a problem finding the time!) My main concern is the dogs - particularly Truffles who only weighs 10.5 lbs. I killed one last year right by the back fence that was about 3' long and another little one when I moved a rock. I hope they retreat to the woods and get out of our subdivision! Unfortunately I live at the back of the subdivision and up against the woods and creek!

Janet

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.