RemedySpot.com

Thyroid cancer / lymph node dissection / thoracic duct

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear HerbalistsI would really value any input anyone has for me on the following patient:55 y/o woman with history of thyroid & laryngeal nodules, recent total thyroidectomy and dissection of regional lymph nodes due to malignancy. Unfortunately they nicked her thoracic duct and she has had chyle leaking into her neck, initially she had drains in, but these were removed. She is on a ‘no-fat’ diet. She has just finished radioactive iodine Rx for malignancy. Some hairloss and joint pain subsequently. Otherwise quite well. She is currently left with a 20 by 6 cm chyle-filled lump on her neck which causes discomfort and constriction feelings. The duct is not healing (3 months). Recent FBC and iron studies NAD. Vit D 11.5ng/ml. Any suggestions?She is having homeopathic and nutritional treatment and I have tried:Internally and externally:CalendulaTrifoliumGalium Currently she is doing castor oil packs followed by Symphytum infused oil externally. These have only very slightly reduced the swelling. Any further suggestions? Phytolacca? I would like to promote healing of the thoracic duct and dispersion of the swelling.Any help appreciatedRegardsCraig