RemedySpot.com

beans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You're so funny, Bill.

Every year , CA, the self-declared bean capital of the world, holds a bean festival. I've never been but keep thinking it may be fun and I should go. Maybe this year....

Elaine

hi all, keeping up with the messages is finger exercise, but this balmy weather we have is an incentive to exercise but i'm still on the side lines. A mention about the beans and tomatoes, they are excellent nutrition along with rice and bread, make complete protien, when i hear reports in the international news about the military distributing food in the third world I take note of what is said about the kind of food being distributed, i recall the USA army distributed beans and tomatoe sauce to the Afghanistan people. They consume it with their flat bread and or rice in other areas. So all in all beans and tomatoes sauce combined with a grain like wheat or rice makes an excellent meal of protien and nutrients. On a side note

the military always knows how the get the maximun benefit out of the ingredients. I prefer red kindey beans, soya bean tofu, chic peas over the other kinds of beans. Number #1 bean for protien content is soya bean, number #2 bean for protien content is red kidney bean , and chic peas/garbanzos are just because I like the taste, although high in bad fat. I make bean sandwiches, beans and rice, beans and noodle soup, beans in scrambled eggs.regards the bean man - Bill