RemedySpot.com

Vitiligo and Psoralea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am treating a 9 year-old Pakistani boy with vitiligo and the herbs have been

effective. However I wanting to be cautious about using Psoralea which is in the

formula (amongst 4 other herbs) and in a topical gel. He has always had a

tendency to have darker skin above his upper lip and this seems more so recently

so I am trying a different formula without Psoralea to see what happens. However

after a four day gap of having no herbs, one area of vitiligo has rapidly

increased. This also happened last summer when he stopped the herbs for a while.

Therefore I am worried that the new formula may not work as effectively and it

will keep spreading.

Any advice on using Psoralea long term or any alternatives that have worked?

He has always been hot and wears very few clothes even in winter. He is thirsty

and has dry skin. His eyes have always been sensitive to light.

Thanks

Lloyd Gee

Guest guest

Hi Lloyd, I use Bu Gu Zhi or Psoralea mainly for other conditions not vitiligo and have never seen any problems with it. Although I do warn patients that they mustn't sunbathe or use sunbeds etc. Whilst taking it. However this is similar to advice for St s Wort. I've never used it externally and would not due to the risks ascribed.For vitiligo I've used other TCM based medicines described in classic literature. It seems to me that how the patient responds early on is key to progress. I've also heard successful use of Ayurvedic medicine in this area too. I've not had a lot of cases so maybe someone else can give a better answer.LorraineLorraine Hodgkinson MRCHMHERBS AND HELPERS6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)www.herbalmedicineuk.comOn 8 Mar 2012, at 11:30, "lloydgeeuk" wrote:

I am treating a 9 year-old Pakistani boy with vitiligo and the herbs have been effective. However I wanting to be cautious about using Psoralea which is in the formula (amongst 4 other herbs) and in a topical gel. He has always had a tendency to have darker skin above his upper lip and this seems more so recently so I am trying a different formula without Psoralea to see what happens. However after a four day gap of having no herbs, one area of vitiligo has rapidly increased. This also happened last summer when he stopped the herbs for a while. Therefore I am worried that the new formula may not work as effectively and it will keep spreading.

Any advice on using Psoralea long term or any alternatives that have worked?

He has always been hot and wears very few clothes even in winter. He is thirsty and has dry skin. His eyes have always been sensitive to light.

Thanks

Lloyd Gee