RemedySpot.com

give rice for the hungry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here's a fun website but it's also another way to waste time on the internet. Not a waste really because it's going to a good cause but, well, another way to suck your time down the drain. Know what I mean?

This is a real cause. I heard about it on PBS radio not too long ago. They give money to feed people (not send them grains of rice) and felt they could operate better as a .com than as a nonprofit. They don't have to deal with nitpicking rules that way.

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/Give_FREE_Rice_to_the_Hungry

Give FREE Rice to the Hungry

freerice.com — For each word you get right we donate 10 grains of rice through an international aid agency. Answer these vocab questions so the website can continue to give more free rice.

I went to the site and love it. I suspected that my daughter probably knew about it and, of course, she said that she had been going there for a long time. I am guessing that Janet already knows about it too. You know how these English majors are :-). Maybe I can contribute a few grains of rice, too. Thanks for the link, Elaine.

W

give rice for the hungry

Here's a fun website but it's also another way to waste time on the internet. Not a waste really because it's going to a good cause but, well, another way to suck your time down the drain. Know what I mean?

This is a real cause. I heard about it on PBS radio not too long ago. They give money to feed people (not send them grains of rice) and felt they could operate better as a .com than as a nonprofit. They don't have to deal with nitpicking rules that way.

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/Give_FREE_Rice_to_the_Hungry

Give FREE Rice to the Hungry

freerice.com — For each word you get right we donate 10 grains of rice through an international aid agency. Answer these vocab questions so the website can continue to give more free rice.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

guessing that Janet already knows about it too. You know how these English majors are :-). Mayb

Actually, I had not seen that site and it could be quite addictive! Also, it made me feel good! I am always wondering how many brain cells I have that are still firing and apparently there are still few! I did quite well with it! lol (just don't send me to a site where I have to balance a checkbook! lol)

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Along this train of thought, i also came across a very interesting

website that you reminded me of.

it lends money to people to start their own enterprises. You donate

money and then they loan it someone, and when that person pays it

back, you get to lend it to someone else. it's really quite fantastic.

they have a huge success rate of people who repay their loans in full

oh and loans can be for just a few dollars or a lot more. just enough

for a person to buy some yarn or cloth to make a few items to sell to

get the ball rolling or to buy property to start a farm.

http://www.kiva.org/

-laurie

>

> Here's a fun website but it's also another way to waste time on the

> internet. Not a waste really because it's going to a good cause

but, well,

> another way to suck your time down the drain. Know what I mean?

>

> This is a real cause. I heard about it on PBS radio not too long

ago. They

> give money to feed people (not send them grains of rice) and felt

they could

> operate better as a .com than as a nonprofit. They don't have to

deal with

> nitpicking rules that way.

>

>

> http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/Give_FREE_Rice_to_the_Hungry

>

>

>

> Give FREE Rice to the Hungry

>

> freerice.com — For each word you get right we donate 10 grains of rice

> through an international aid agency. Answer these vocab questions so the

> website can continue to give more free rice.

>

Oh Laurie, I love this one. There was something about it on public radio not long ago, and it is just the best.

W

Re: give rice for the hungry

Along this train of thought, i also came across a very interestingwebsite that you reminded me of.it lends money to people to start their own enterprises. You donatemoney and then they loan it someone, and when that person pays itback, you get to lend it to someone else. it's really quite fantastic.they have a huge success rate of people who repay their loans in fulloh and loans can be for just a few dollars or a lot more. just enoughfor a person to buy some yarn or cloth to make a few items to sell toget the ball rolling or to buy property to start a farm.http://www.kiva.org/-laurie--- In thefatmanwalking_group , Elaine wrote:>> Here's a fun website but it's also another way to waste time on the> internet. Not a waste really because it's going to a good causebut, well,> another way to suck your time down the drain. Know what I mean?> > This is a real cause. I heard about it on PBS radio not too longago. They> give money to feed people (not send them grains of rice) and feltthey could> operate better as a .com than as a nonprofit. They don't have todeal with> nitpicking rules that way.> > > http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/Give_FREE_Rice_to_the_Hungry> > > > Give FREE Rice to the Hungry> > freerice.com — For each word you get right we donate 10 grains of rice> through an international aid agency. Answer these vocab questions so the> website can continue to give more free rice.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1216 - Release Date: 1/9/2008 10:16 AM

money and then they loan it someone, and when that person pays itback, you get to lend it to someone else. it's really quite fantastic.

Laurie,

Here is another site that I find quite interesting as far as opportunties for giving Meaningful Gifts | Heifer International Online Gift Catalog . I know Sarandan has been promoting this site for a while.

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.