RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello All...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, Rose-Ellen. It sounds like a healthy eating plan you have adopted. I have never tried just seafood, beans and legumes, but it was pretty much the basic diet of many of the people I grew up with here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, as seafood was readily available and beans and rice were the staple poor man's standby. Red beans and rice, and seafood gumbo were a part of every family's weekly fare. I was from another part of the country, my parents being from North Carolina and Texas, and while my mother learned to cook red beans and rice the native way, she never learned to cook the Cajun dishes, prefering to enjoy our neighbor's. Unfortunately, (diet wise) I have learned to love red beans and rice, but with generous amounts of the local pork sausage as flavoring.

W

Hello All...

Hi All. Would like to introduce myself to this group and hope to gain some useful knowledge from people who are in my boat. I've made some lifestyle changes recently to help shed an excess of about 125 pounds. I've given up meat and fowl and feel great! It's amazing how much more energy I have just from this switch. I'm getting my protien from lean fish, seafood and lots of beans and legumes. Has anybody else adopted this kind of lifestyle? I'm feeling like this is a really good change that I will definitely be able to stick to. Nice to meet you! Rose-Ellen

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1216 - Release Date: 1/9/2008 10:16 AM

from lean fish, seafood and lots of beans and legum

Nice to meet you Rose-Ellen,

My name is Janet and I live in NC. I am, I guess, what they now call a flexitarian. I very seldom eat red meat and when I do its in a stir fry or stew so the portion is something like two oz as opposed to the 7-8 you might get with a steak. I eat a little chicken and make sure that its antibiotic and hormone free. I don't eat a lot of fish. I do eat a lot of beans, vegetables, baked tofu, salads, stir frys, soups, whole grains. I try to avoid the whites - sugar, rice, and fast food of any kind.

For exercise I try to walk 10,000 steps a day (starting with two miles in the morning with my dogs) and alternate light weights with yoga for about 30 minutes in the evenings. My goal is to lose 10% of my body weight this year and KEEP IT OFF. I try not to think beyond that.

Welcome to the group!

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

nice to meet you Rose Ellen, sorry but i havent adopted that

lifestyle, but then it's been easy for me to buy mostly organic

chicken at a fair price because of where i live. i dont eat red meat

or pork too often and I would eat more seafood, but i'm a bit

disgruntled at the way the fishing corporations work and i'm fearing

for the fate of our seas.

welcome to the group.

laurie

>

> Hi All.

>

> Would like to introduce myself to this group and hope to gain some

> useful knowledge from people who are in my boat. I've made some

> lifestyle changes recently to help shed an excess of about 125

> pounds. I've given up meat and fowl and feel great! It's amazing how

> much more energy I have just from this switch. I'm getting my protien

> from lean fish, seafood and lots of beans and legumes.

>

> Has anybody else adopted this kind of lifestyle? I'm feeling like

> this is a really good change that I will definitely be able to stick

> to.

>

> Nice to meet you!

>

> Rose-Ellen

>