RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Here we go again - FDA Cracking down on Bioidenticals, especially ESTRIOL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, you should do your

own research and tell your doctor what you want.

This is a good starting

point:

http://herplace.com/news/truthabouthormones.pdf

Val

[mailto:rhythmicliving ] On

Behalf Of

So again, how does one find the " proper " doctor for hormones?

It

would be virtually impossible to find someone unless you know what

they prescribe and how do you ask this question??

>

> , not all doctors " push estriol. " Certainly, mine doesn't. I

think a

> lot of " natural " ones are stuck in the Lee,

era and do

> not keep up with research.

>

> Val

>

> From: rhythmicliving

[mailto:rhythmicliving ]

> On Behalf Of

>

>

> Val - once and for all, I would like to know why doctors keep

pushing

> the estriol instead of estradiol. And why wasn't it FDA approved?

>

>

I've looked for estriol vaginal cream on rxlist this morning. I do not think there is an FDA approved

one. Estrace cream and Vagifem are

both estradiol.

You can read the FDA's press release here: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01772.html

While I may get stones thrown at me, I think the practice of many

compounders of promoting tri-est and bi-est and touting them as

" safe " is

irresponsible. There are no

scientific studies to that effect.

Too many of them base their claims on the work of Lee. His " results " have never been

able to be duplicated in double-blind, peer-reviewed studies.

Val

Hi Barbara,

My feeling is - If it ain't broke, don't fix it :) If you feel good on Bi-est, keep using it. I tried Estrasorb and didn't like it. It made me feel dizzy and nauseous when I applied it as it must absorb really quickly in me. I can use gobs of E cream and not have the same effect.

Liz

www.ojaipaintedminis.com

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of tebobaSent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:25 PMTo: rhythmicliving Subject: Re: Here we go again - FDA Cracking down on Bioidenticals, especially ESTRIOL

Hello,Do any of you use estrogel or do you use a compounding pharmacist tomake up your preparation. I am on bi-est and really do feel greatand have tried estrasorb which is estradiol only and have never feltas good as I do on biest. I have done so much reading my mind is like mush. Please help.Barbara> > >> > > , not all doctors "push estriol." Certainly, mine doesn't. I > > think a> > > lot of "natural" ones are stuck in the Lee, > > era and do> > > not keep up with research.> > > > > > Val> > > > > > From: rhythmicliving > > <mailto:rhythmicliving%40yahoogroups.com> > > [mailto:rhythmicliving > > <mailto:rhythmicliving%40yahoogroups.com> ]> > > On Behalf Of > > > > > > > > > Val - once and for all, I would like to know why doctors keep > > pushing > > > the estriol instead of estradiol. And why wasn't it FDA approved? > > > > > > > >>

i TOTALLY agree with Val - I think it is completely irresponsible what I've heard from my local pharmacists and drs what they are saying about estriol - just seem to be parroting "safe estrogen" "safe estrogen" with this glazed look in their eyes. I got angry and asked for straight estradiol and I dont have estrogen deficiency any longer. :)

To: rhythmicliving From: merryr@...Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:25:01 +0000Subject: Re: Here we go again - FDA Cracking down on Bioidenticals, especially ESTRIOL

Yes - I think I need a more cutting edge doctor. Ihave a feeling she does go along with Lee. She acted like Biest was safer than estradiol. >> I've looked for estriol vaginal cream on rxlist this morning. I do not> think there is an FDA approved one. Estrace cream and Vagifem are both> estradiol.> > You can read the FDA's press release here:> <http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01772.html>> http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01772.html> > While I may get stones thrown at me, I think the practice of many> compounders of promoting tri-est and bi-est and touting them as "safe" is> irresponsible. There are no scientific studies to that effect. Too many of> them base their claims on the work of Lee. His "results" have never> been able to be duplicated in double-blind, peer-reviewed studies.> > Val> Make distant family not so distant with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!

Dear all,

I am in my third month on the Wiley Protocol. So far things seem to be going well.

I’ve notice a few positive changes: Several months ago I was diagnosed as prediabetic. Since starting the protocol, my sugars have been in the low normal range. I’ve suffered with seborrheic dermatitis since entering perimenopause. The doctor tried everything to no avail. For the first time in five years, no more dermatitis! I am sleeping better. The most exciting thing for me is having periods of my old self back. No rages, mood swings, blues, and plain crazy feelings I’ve felt since peri and a hysterectomy twelve months ago. I feel more stable emotionally. Finally, before starting the protocol, I felt that though only 45, my skin was aging rapidly. Now, my skin looks so much better, especially the skin around my eyes, that was wrinkling too quickly for my liking.

Some negatives: While I sleep like a baby during the progesterone phase, I eat as if my body were preparing to give birth to a football team! I crave sugar and retain water. I feel fat and my breasts feel like melons. I’ve developed melasma and my body fat has shifted to my pelvic area. I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing. Basically, on the progesterone phase, I feel bloated and uncomfortable. I have less anxiety, however, so it’s a tradeoff.

The hardest thing for me is that I am sensitive to hormonal fluctuations. The peaks and valleys are very hard to deal with. I have many periods of adrenaline-like symptoms that used to scare me. As I now know that I am not having a heart attack; I just try to calm myself, which is easier said than done.

I, too, am concerned about the high dosages, but quality of life matters too. I’m going to give myself enough time on the protocol to determine exactly what it is doing for me and whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks and risks.

I’ve even considered seeing Dr. Vilet, but her fee is very high and she is anti progesterone for women with no uterus.

Theresa

Re: Here we go again - FDA Cracking down on Bioidenticals, especially ESTRIOL

Liz,

I saw my practitioner last week and he is on the WP list but after

talking to him about it decided against it for me. I was too scared

about the high doses of P and E. He agreed that I was being careful

and rightly so. I asked if he had anyone on the WP protocol and he

said two patients and they were doing well. I worry about the long

term effects of such high doses. We are such fine tuned instruments

that when one hormone if off they all go awry. I am always willing

to research new things but I have become pessimistic when someone

says everything will be like it was when I was 25. I honestly don't

want PMS, cramps, acne etc. Love all you gals. I am learning so

much.

Barbara

> > > > >

> > > > > , not all doctors "push estriol." Certainly, mine

> doesn't.

> > I

> > > > think a

> > > > > lot of "natural" ones are stuck in the Lee,

> >

> > > > era and do

> > > > > not keep up with research.

> > > > >

> > > > > Val

> > > > >

> > > > > From: rhythmicliving@ <mailto:rhythmicliving%

> 40yahoogroups.com>

> > yahoogroups.com

> > > > <mailto:rhythmicliving%40yahoogroups.com>

> > > > [mailto:rhythmicliving@ <mailto:rhythmicliving%

> 40yahoogroups.com>

> > yahoogroups.com

> > > > <mailto:rhythmicliving%40yahoogroups.com> ]

> > > > > On Behalf Of

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Val - once and for all, I would like to know why doctors

> keep

> > > > pushing

> > > > > the estriol instead of estradiol. And why wasn't it FDA

> > approved?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

Unfortunately, she's just

spouting the conventional alternative stuff that is so pervasive on these

lists. She probably read Lee

and thinks he's the ultimate authority.

Val

[mailto:rhythmicliving ] On

Behalf Of

WHA??? And this is a chiropracter who should be up on the

more " natural " things in life? So now progesterone converts to

estrogen? What book did she read THIS in?

>

> Well, it is YOUR body.

>

> Speaking of being out of touch. My chiropractor couldn't believe I

was

> using estradiol. She said I should use some progesterone cream and

that

> would provide enough estrogen for me. Ouch. I smiled and nodded.

Went

> home and put my estradiol on.