RemedySpot.com

Re: Thyroid Nodules

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HiI am never convinced that thyroid suppression (resting the thyroid) is helpful particularly if thyroid function is currently normal. It tends to create further difficulties for the thyroid as well as having knock-on effects for the rest of the endocrine system.The main thing is to address the underlying cause of the nodule with herbs, I would have thought.Regards GascoigneDr GascoigneMedical doctor, acupuncturist, herbalistClinics in Bath & Tetbury, UKTel: +44 (0) 79 88 05 92 01Also, Bandon, Co. Cork, IrelandTel: +353 (0) 87 9266234Website: www.drgascoigne.comOn 21 Feb 2012, at 14:45, Sara Zanone wrote:

Hi !I had a potential client enquiring about thyroid nodules.They are benign, and the thyroid is functioning normally, she doesn't have any symptoms. She is in good health. Her main concern is that the doctor wants to put her on Eutirox and she wonders why, considering that she is healthy. THe nodule is nearly 1 cm in diameter. What do you think about Eutirox? Is it worth it? The doctors say that they want to give the thyroid a rest .....Thanks a lot! Sara ZanoneMedical Herbalist (BSc Hons)Dance facilitator (Dip)07805 580 202www.sarazanone.com

providing the nodules have been diagnosed as benign - which you say is the case - then just keeping an eye on them is often the main "treatment". using thyroxine is mainly an attempt to shrink them but if they are not causing any problems would seem unnecessary intereference and obviously the main question is once she is on such medication will the thyroid return to normal when it is withdrawn ...?

regards ,annette

Thyroid Nodules

Hi !

I had a potential client enquiring about thyroid nodules.

They are benign, and the thyroid is functioning normally, she doesn't have any symptoms. She is in good health.

Her main concern is that the doctor wants to put her on Eutirox and she wonders why, considering that she is healthy. THe nodule is nearly 1 cm in diameter.

What do you think about Eutirox? Is it worth it? The doctors say that they want to give the thyroid a rest .....

Thanks a lot!

Sara ZanoneMedical Herbalist (BSc Hons)

Dance facilitator (Dip)

07805 580 202

www.sarazanone.com

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2113/4822 - Release Date: 02/20/12

Thank you and Annette !That's what I thought, but I wanted some confirmation from more experienced herbalists! Just in caseRegardsSara Sara ZanoneMedical Herbalist (BSc Hons)Dance facilitator (Dip)07805 580 202www.sarazanone.com HiI am never convinced that thyroid suppression (resting the thyroid) is helpful particularly if thyroid function is currently normal. It tends to create further difficulties for the thyroid as well as having knock-on effects for the rest of the endocrine system.The main thing is to address the underlying cause of the nodule with herbs, I would have thought.Regards GascoigneDr GascoigneMedical doctor, acupuncturist, herbalistClinics in Bath & Tetbury, UKTel: +44 (0) 79 88 05 92 01Also, Bandon, Co. Cork, IrelandTel: +353 (0) 87 9266234Website: www.drgascoigne.comOn 21 Feb 2012, at 14:45, Sara Zanone wrote: Hi !I had a potential client enquiring about thyroid nodules.They are benign, and the thyroid is functioning normally, she doesn't have any symptoms. She is in good health. Her main concern is that the doctor wants to put her on Eutirox and she wonders why, considering that she is healthy. THe nodule is nearly 1 cm in diameter. What do you think about Eutirox? Is it worth it? The doctors say that they want to give the thyroid a rest .....Thanks a lot! Sara ZanoneMedical Herbalist (BSc Hons)Dance facilitator (Dip)07805 580 202www.sarazanone.com