RemedySpot.com

Re: WP rhythm/dose amounts - Marty

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thought you might be interested in having the sympton list for

hormone deficiencies and excesses. My ARNP gave this list to me

and I refer to it quite a bit to see if I am on track.

It is helpful. Kind of long but a good guide so you can tell you

health care provider how you are doing on the BHRT.

Estrogen Deficiency:Hot flashes; sleep disturbances, dry skin, foggy

thinking, heart palpitations, painful intercourse, low libido, night

sweats, vaginal dryness/atrophy, headaches, memory lapses, yeast

infections, depression and bone loss.

Estrogen Excess: water retention, breast swelling and tenderness,

craving for sweets, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, nervous-

ness/anxiety/irritability, heavy irregular menses, fatigue, weight

gain, mood swings and low thyroid symptoms.

Progesterone Deficiency: Many of the symptoms of estrogen excess,

including swollen breasts, weight gain, headaches, low libido,

anxiety, mood swings, irregular menses, depression, cramping, fuzzy

thinking, PMS, acne, infertility, joint pain.

Progesterone Excess: Somnolence, GI bloating, mild depression,

breast swelling, candida exacerbations, exacerbates symptoms of

estrogen deficiency.

Testosterone Deficiency: fatigue (prolonged), memory problems,

decreased libido, muscle weakness, heart palpitations, bone loss,

incontinence, fibromyalgia, mental fuzziness, depression, blunted

motivation, diminished feeling of well being, thinning skin,

vaginal dryness and general aches/pains.

Testosterone Excess: Acne, deepening of voice, irritability/mood-

iness, loss of scalp hair, male-pattern hair growth, clitoral

enlargement and insomnia.

Barbara

> > > > > >> > > > > > , not all

doctors " push estriol. " Certainly, mine > > doesn't. > > > I > > > >

> think a> > > > > > lot of " natural " ones are stuck in the

Lee, > > > > > > > > era and do> > > > > > not keep

up with research.> > > > > > > > > > > > Val> > > > > > > > > > > >

From: rhythmicliving@ <mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?>> ing%

> > 40yahoogroups.com>> > > yahoogroups.com> > > > >

<mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing%40yahoogroups.com> > >

> > > [mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing@

<mailto:rhythmicliv> <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing%> >

40yahoogroups.com>> > > yahoogroups.com> > > > > <mailto:rhythmicliv

<mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing%40yahoogroups.com> ]> > > > > > On Behalf

Of > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val - once and for all, I

would like to know why doctors > > keep > > > > > pushing > > > > >

> the estriol instead of estradiol. And why wasn't it FDA > > >

approved? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > >

_____ > > More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail>

<http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?

ncid=ao> lcmp00050000000003> !>

>

> Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge

with star power. Play now!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge

with star power.

> http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?

icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan

>

E- It does seem to be working for me.  My skin is good, blood levels and salvia levels seem o.k. too, but it has been a while since I have tested. I'm still thinking that there is a better more appropriate delivery system for P, because I have read that P doesn't work as well and tends to build up in the fat/tissues which causes problems.  I have tendency to use P cream closer to the vein areas, not just the fat areas so maybe that makes a difference - seems like I am not exactly following the rules according to the concept, but I feel better about it.Martyyes, thanks, that info is very helpful. there has been alot of discussion here whether estradiol can be absorbed in a cream base - apparently you dont have a problem with getting the E absorbed? ChristaTo: rhythmicliving From: martyfiorovichgroupDate: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:06:56 -0800Subject: Re: Re: WP rhythm/dose amountsIt just happens that I go to a Compounding Pharmacy that became Wley certified , and even though I am not on the Wiey protocol they give me this prescription complete which started using this gaudy packaging, which is kind of a turn off to me.  Kind of strange because my doc, and the pharmacist knows that I am not "technically" using the protocol. (I don't fill the prescription often enough to be on the protocol so it has been obvious to the pharmacist ) Sometimes I wonder if I am in the statistics of being on the protocol, which would be an error.  I was only on the WP 2 1/2 months before I figured it was nuts to think a one size fits all was appropriate, or to try to get testing numbers up to a certain level.  I came to this realization after reading Rythmicliving website and women's experiences.  I am very thankful for the sharing everyone has done.If you are at all familiar with the WP, the variation during the month is someone complicated.  It is what is written in her book. You increase dosage of E until day 12, then drop down until day 28.  P is started on day 14 and continued until day 28, increasing dosage up to day 21, then decrease until day 28 then stop.  Way too complicated for me, and too much.  Since I am so terrible at taking anything on a daily basis (never took birth control) it is remarkable that I have done as well as I have remembering to use these creams twice a day.  The dosages are measured in lines (I like this delivery method) : E (Estradiol) is 1.0mg/.0.1 ml (one line) crm,     P is 25 mg/0.1 ml (one line) crmFor E it starts at (4)lines, continues to 8, then goes back down to (4), twice a day.For P it starts at (4) lines, goes up to 14, then back down to (4), twice a day.What I do is make sure I have enough variation in dosage to have a cycle.   I make sure that I take enough E during the month, and enough P and then stop the P.  Then I have a period. So far I have had a somewhat normal period (3+ days moderate light flow) almost every month for almost  3 yrs.  My E dosage is a little more than half of the Wiley protocal.  I stay at about (2+) lines a day, twice a day, increase it  towards day 12 then drop down.  My P dosage is at most half of the dosage, which by many peoples standards is still high.   I also keep it more simple as well, increase dosage a little more towards day   21.   I have read that the creams are not the best delivery system for P, but have yet to change to something different.  But I am open to changing in the future.I hope this somewhat answers your question, I guess I don't know what the base is (I did at one time, and probably should talk to my pharmacist, who is very good)Thanks,MartyMarty - just curious what doses of E and P you have been using that are working for you.  and what base are they each in? I currently use 6mg of E and 4mg T per day in OO skin drops days 4 thru 27, and have stopped P all-together for  a few cycles to detox from a P overdose I had from going by my prescribing drs protocol of high P doses.  I am waiting for saliva test results to see if I even need any P at all. I am 43 in peri. thanksChristaTo: rhythmicliving From: martyfiorovichgroupDate: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:35:31 -0800Subject: Re: Re: WP rhythemI am able to cycle on about 1/2 the Wiley doses, a little more E than half.  I was in menopause for 1 1/2 yrs before I started, and I have  beendoing this for 3 years.  I should mention that I've always had an easy time with my cycles, very regular, probably not many hormonal fluctuations.MartyI asked my Dr. the same thing about doing rhythmic cycling and usinglower doses and he said it is possible to do that but in the schemeof things because our hormones fluctuate minute to minute he said itwould be very difficult to do. I chose not to go on the WP becauseof the very high doses of E and P. The problem is you may do OK forawhile but then as the hormones build up you can get into big trouble. My ARNP gave me a list of side effects from too much E, Pand T and I will locate it today and share with you all. Basically,I am on Bi-est 50/50 2 mg twice a day, progesterone 20 mg twice a dayday 15-30 and testosterone 1.5 mg twice a day. This is a new proto-col (slightly lower doses on everything) and I switched from prom-etrium to transdermal cream. I think I am a science project. I do feel great and my Dr. is so wonderful to work with. He really listens and gives advice. Makes sense to me too. Take care all of you.Barbara> > > > > >> > > > > > , not all doctors "push estriol." Certainly, mine > > doesn't. > > > I > > > > > think a> > > > > > lot of "natural" ones are stuck in the Lee,  > > >  > > > > > era and do> > > > > > not keep up with research.> > > > > > > > > > > > Val> > > > > > > > > > > > From: rhythmicliving@ <mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?>> ing%> > 40yahoogroups.com>> > > yahoogroups.com> > > > > <mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing%40yahoogroups.com> > > > > > [mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing@ <mailto:rhythmicliv> <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing%> > 40yahoogroups.com>> > > yahoogroups.com> > > > > <mailto:rhythmicliv <mailto:rhythmicliv?> ing%40yahoogroups.com> ]> > > > > > On Behalf Of > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val - once and for all, I would like to know why doctors > > keep > > > > > pushing > > > > > > the estriol instead of estradiol. And why wasn't it FDA > > > approved? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > _____ > > More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail> <http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=ao> lcmp00050000000003> !>Climb to the top of the charts!  Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!