RemedySpot.com

Re: Digest Number 2189

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sandy,

Great to hear from another in Oz! Where-abouts are you. Interesting you were dx age 20, I was 18, in 1970, in Hobart. Lung transplant was discussed, but bronchogram showed it to be too widespread, both lungs were riddled, even then. But that was that... No info, no guidelines or how to manage my health as an adult, what to expect etc. Dx I always assumed was result of whooping cough as an infant (greatly assisted by many many ops for cleft palate repair (not completed til 5yo cause never well enough... In UK). Also had ?? Pneumonias, E.N.T, gut, probs most of my life. Recently (6-7 yrs incr skin infections won’t heal – staph, candida and unknown, no dermatologist in Cairns for years, long waiting list.

I’m glad you managed to live a reasonably good life, have family etc. maybe it was just too many ops on top of the bronch, I just could never get through one year ever without bronchitis or pneumonia, from childhood, missed lots school every year, hard to maintain jobs when I did work full time. Have now been on DSP 7yrs, and likewise still keep active as poss, volunteer work with bush regeneration stuff... but it gets more and more difficult – lot of undx joint/back pain, have had for years, no ‘known’ reason... ? related to bronch inflammatory nature of cond?

Great to hear from you – I’d be interested to know more of skin probs if you could reply. Can’t find any solutions, or dx.

Hope to talk with you again,

Joy

(from Oz)

--

Sentient beings, all our very own mothers, are as limitless as space

Joan,

Yes I have seen articles (mostly on web) bronch can be either genetic or acquired (far more common), maybe Google (or whatever search engine you use) genetic bronchiectasis or something like, and I’m sure you’ll find info.

Also try www.australiandoctor.com.au/ htt/pdf/AD_HTT_031_038___MAY20_05.pdf is a most informative article.

Good luck,

Joy

(from Oz)

--

Sentient beings, all our very own mothers, are as limitless as space