Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,

Could anyone out there please help advise me how to locate old posts

on a particular subject.

How do you search through old posts? Do you need a yahoo id and

password that is specific for ukherbal-list in order to access the

old posts and can you search by subject?

Thank you in advance (and afterwards).

Guy

Guest guest

Hello Guy At the bottom of any message click on "messages in this topic", then type in search word/s for what you are looking for. You don't need to enter any ID or password. Helen To: ukherbal-list Sent: Sunday, 27 May 2012, 23:08 Subject: searching for old posts?

Hello,

Could anyone out there please help advise me how to locate old posts

on a particular subject.

How do you search through old posts? Do you need a yahoo id and

password that is specific for ukherbal-list in order to access the

old posts and can you search by subject?

Thank you in advance (and afterwards).

Guy

Guest guest

Hi

i think you do need your yahoo id. I just tried clicking on messages in this topic and it asked me for log in details.

Ive normally done it the long winded way round and gone to the my groups page on yahoo groups .

one problem with searching the archives is when people dont make sure the subject of their message is relevant ( eg if they are responding to a question about asthma but they click reply to a question on irritable bowel ) as the search on asthma will then not pick that message up ( i think thats right !)

annette

searching for old posts?

Hello,Could anyone out there please help advise me how to locate old posts on a particular subject.How do you search through old posts? Do you need a yahoo id and password that is specific for ukherbal-list in order to access the old posts and can you search by subject?Thank you in advance (and afterwards).Guy

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.2171 / Virus Database: 2425/5028 - Release Date: 05/28/12

Guest guest

Hi Guy,

I think you need to be logged into Yahoo Groups, UK herb list. When you're in there, there is a box just above the last message posted and if you enter your search word(s) in there it will bring up all posts that contain that word. This gets round the problem of posts not having a relevant title or having a title about one thing but talking about something else.

Anne

Guest guest

Hello Annette and Helen,I tried joining yahoo and then was directed to 'activate web access'. I did that as directed, and was then told to respond to an email they would send me in order to activate the access, but the email never came!!Any ideas anyone?One thing that might be relevant is that whenever I post to ukherbal-list, my post never arrives in my mailbox, I only see it when it is responded to by someone else.....Arrrggh!Guy  Hi i think you do need your yahoo id. I just tried clicking on messages in this topic and it asked me for log in details. Ive normally done it the long winded way round and gone to the my groups page on yahoo groups . one problem with searching the archives is when people dont make sure the subject of their message is relevant ( eg if they are responding to a question about asthma but they click reply to a question on irritable bowel ) as the search on asthma will then not pick that message up ( i think thats right !) annette searching for old posts? Hello,Could anyone out there please help advise me how to locate old posts on a particular subject.How do you search through old posts? Do you need a yahoo id and password that is specific for ukherbal-list in order to access the old posts and can you search by subject?Thank you in advance (and afterwards).GuyNo virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.2171 / Virus Database: 2425/5028 - Release Date: 05/28/12

Guest guest

I know it's probably obvious, but did you check your junk/spam folder?

Hello Annette and Helen,I tried joining yahoo and then was directed to 'activate web access'. I did that as directed, and was then told to respond to an email they would send me in order to activate the access, but the email never came!!Any ideas anyone?One thing that might be relevant is that whenever I post to ukherbal-list, my post never arrives in my mailbox, I only see it when it is responded to by someone else.....Arrrggh!Guy  Hi i think you do need your yahoo id. I just tried clicking on messages in this topic and it asked me for log in details. Ive normally done it the long winded way round and gone to the my groups page on yahoo groups . one problem with searching the archives is when people dont make sure the subject of their message is relevant ( eg if they are responding to a question about asthma but they click reply to a question on irritable bowel ) as the search on asthma will then not pick that message up ( i think thats right !) annette searching for old posts? Hello,Could anyone out there please help advise me how to locate old posts on a particular subject.How do you search through old posts? Do you need a yahoo id and password that is specific for ukherbal-list in order to access the old posts and can you search by subject?Thank you in advance (and afterwards).GuyNo virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.2171 / Virus Database: 2425/5028 - Release Date: 05/28/12