RemedySpot.com

Re: Sun protection - herb robert, Puck

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This thread must be continuing for a reason .. on the Puck and naughtiness theme.. I did a lesson on Herb a couple of years ago -students had been sent off to research the plant, and we ended up spending some time on the folklore, as this seemed to be the emphasis of the information.. we were making things as well. at an outdoor site/classroom -- and we ended up having two small fires! The first was due to my own very poor health and safety practice of putting a gas burner on a plastic table - wasn't too serious , but a small flame and melted mess - but within five minutes of this I turned round and a botanical /magnifying glass had set fire to a piece of paper on another table in proper Baden Powel style! Watch out!

melissa

son BSc(hons) MNIMH@...www.herbalbarge.co.ukwww.herbalsnuff.co.uk07736966197

Re: Sun protection

I've often thought of experimenting with it but never got round to it. It's normal habit is shady groves BUT if it gets exposed to full sunlight it produces a red pigment to protect itself from UV rays! I've often wondered if if this could be adapted to help us. It looks like its sunburnt! Yes it's one of my favs too.

LorraineLorraine Hodgkinson MRCHM HERBS AND HELPERS

6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,

Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.

Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392

Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)

www.herbalmedicineuk.com

Why Herb out of interest? I love Herb . : )

Has anyone considered Herb ?

Lorraine Lorraine Hodgkinson MRCHM HERBS AND HELPERS

6, Butts Fold, Cockermouth,

Cumbria, CA13 9HY. UK.

Tel: +44 (0) 1900 826392

Mobile: 07761 489838 (O2)

www.herbalmedicineuk.com

Hello AllI have had several friends enquiring about suncream. I'm not sure if any herbs have sufficient protection - though I think shea butter may provide a little. I have only made up creams which are more for moisturising and soothing, and a friend has cea and swears by dolloping on Hemp seed cream when it's sunny, but would be interested to know of any ingredients which are protective.Liz

--

"Your Health Matters!"

Best MIIMH, MNIMHMedical HerbalistAn Páircín Clinic of Herbal MedicineStacksmountain

Kilflynn

TraleeCo Kerry00353 66 7132461

00353 86 1939217VAT Reg No: IE 7005782VWebsite: www.kerryherbalist.comBlog: christinebest.wordpress.com

Now on Facebook ' Herbalistix Herbal Medicine in Tralee'