RemedySpot.com

I lost my authoritative voice with Advair :-(

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today someone at work commented that my voice wasn't authoritative anymore. The product literature says that 5% of people will experience a hoarse voice. I would have to be one of them. I rinse my mouth, gargle and drink a glass of water after using it, but the ten seconds I hold my breath before that is all it takes apparently.

Does anyone have a remedy for this?

Over the past years many people -regulars and newies have discussed ear , and hearing probs after use of meds, also many similar stories of hoarseness.

This is highly common -- and some do get relief from surgery etc.

However the hoarseness happens mostly because of many years of using puffers and inhalants, without swilling water to cleanse moth tongue throat etc.

It is a must--

It isn't reversible so making sure you do these things early in treatment can help save the problem.

Sadly by the time we notice it, its already too late.

BUT certainly can worsen if not taken notice of.

It truly is important.

With the ringing in ears, the deafness etc, sinus can be a problem, as the respitory system is made up of lungs ears nose mouth throut--

I had intermittant total deafness for over 20 years, 7 ear operations etc.

All caused by probs related to my bronch at the time, but also as one of the other factors-- ie; anxiety, stress, holding jaw wrong, causing pressure.

Over use of masks for ventolin and so on-- it’s a vicious circle.

Just have to be very vigilant-- and keep as clean, dry ,as stress free, and able to manage infections, ear ache, and panic/anxiety all help.

Cheers all Sandy - Aust