RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: the movie - the review

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Elaine and ,I’m the producer of the Fatman Walking, and I was the one who got the film started. I also spent 13 weeks on the road with him.The film is accurate. It portrays Steve’s 13-month journey.Yes he’s a jerk through much of the film, but towards the end when he visits Youngstown for the first time in years, you can understand his anger and loneliness. Growing up in the conditions he did, the numerous step-fathers the poverty. If you have any question, please ask. I’d be happy to tell you about my journey with Steve.Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the movie. I was reallyeager to see it--until reading about Steve's displeasure with it. Youseem to agree it's problematic.Of course, technically speaking, neither one of you can be describedas "impartial", but you both know a lot more about the trip than the"average" filmgoer.I may have to wait for Steve's book also...Thanks again!>> Thanks for your kind words, Steve. It was good to meet you, too.> > Here's the review that some had asked for:> > The movie wasn't so good, as Steve has mentioned. One person who saw it> said it was like being in a dream, because of the way the scenesflashed by,

Well of course you think it's an accurate portrayal. YOU are the producer!Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeedDate: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 08:13:39 -0800To: <thefatmanwalking_group >Subject: Re: Re: the movie - the review Elaine and ,I’m the producer of the Fatman Walking, and I was the one who got the film started. I also spent 13 weeks on the road with him.The film is accurate. It portrays Steve’s 13-month journey.Yes he’s a jerk through much of the film, but towards the end when he visits Youngstown for the first time in years, you can understand his anger and loneliness. Growing up in the conditions he did, the numerous step-fathers the poverty. If you have any question, please ask. I’d be happy to tell you about my journey with Steve.Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the movie. I was reallyeager to see it--until reading about Steve's displeasure with it. Youseem to agree it's problematic.Of course, technically speaking, neither one of you can be describedas "impartial", but you both know a lot more about the trip than the"average" filmgoer.I may have to wait for Steve's book also...Thanks again!>> Thanks for your kind words, Steve. It was good to meet you, too.> > Here's the review that some had asked for:> > The movie wasn't so good, as Steve has mentioned. One person who saw it> said it was like being in a dream, because of the way the scenesflashed by,

Thanks for responding, . I'm sorry we didn't have more time to talk to you at the showing.

Watching the movie, I thought you were going for something a lot more (higher) than just the walk. Still, I wish I would have seen more of that walk. Surely there were highs and lows and I saw few, if any, highs. I wish I could have seen more of what the actual walk was like. I know you had to put so much info into a tight time limit so I understand it's hard.

Having your subject appear so unlikeable for so much of the movie causing people to want to walk out, they'll never see the Youngstown part. i feel it needs more balance and perhaps more explaining because, even knowing the story , I sometimes didn't know what or why something was happening, as I had explained before.

I offer this as feedback to consider if you decide to re-edit. Hope it helps.

I wish you the best with the film.

Elaine

Elaine and ,

I'm the producer of the Fatman Walking, and I was the one who got the film started. I also spent 13 weeks on the road with him.

The film is accurate. It portrays Steve's 13-month journey.

Yes he's a jerk through much of the film, but towards the end when he visits Youngstown for the first time in years, you can understand his anger and loneliness. Growing up in the conditions he did, the numerous step-fathers the poverty.

If you have any question, please ask. I'd be happy to tell you about my journey with Steve.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the movie. I was reallyeager to see it--until reading about Steve's displeasure with it. Youseem to agree it's problematic.Of course, technically speaking, neither one of you can be described

as " impartial " , but you both know a lot more about the trip than the " average " filmgoer.I may have to wait for Steve's book also...Thanks again!

>> Thanks for your kind words, Steve. It was good to meet you, too.> > Here's the review that some had asked for:> > The movie wasn't so good, as Steve has mentioned. One person who saw it

> said it was like being in a dream, because of the way the scenesflashed by,

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Bill. Steve seems to be doing what fits him well.

W

Re: the movie - the review

Hi , i have a high admiration for Steve's efforts, and his journey, success is in the journey and the things taking place along the path, everyone's got a steller performance in the journey, i don't want to make a bore of it. According to steve he is doing what he wants now. i think this is his greatest success. best regards from Bill> > >> > > Thanks for your kind words, Steve. It was good to meet you, too.> > >> > > Here's the review that some had asked for:> > >> > > The movie wasn't so good, as Steve has mentioned. One person who > > saw it> > > said it was like being in a dream, because of the way the scenes> > flashed by,> >> >> >>