RemedySpot.com

Request for opinions or suggestions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,I just got this email from a surgeon I do a lot of work with. It's a little different from most of the cases I've done and would appreciate any ideas. I haven't seen the dog yet - or even have an appointment set up yet. I've attached the photos the surgeon sent.<<<<<CarolI saw Zoey a few days ago for progressive digit contracture. I did surgery on her achilles tendon in July 2011. She has been doing ok since surgery, but will become lame with increased activities. I saw her in January 2012 and I found mild pain with distal achilles tendon palpation. Her stance appeared normal and digits were normal. I saw her on April 5th for a recheck appt. At this time, Zoey has marked flexor contracture to the digits with minimal drop of the hock. You can extend the toes, but the immediately flex back up. HELP!!>>>>Any input appreciated.From Oregon where the sun has finally come out-CarolCarol Helfer, D.V.M.Canine Peak PerformanceSports Medicine & Physical RehabilitationPortland, OR

2 of 2 Photo(s)

April 5 1.jpg