RemedySpot.com

Recommendations for thyroid cancer?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I hope that this post is not deemed inappropriate and apologize in advance if it is. It is personal in nature and I will leave it to the moderators to determine if they will allow it to be posted.

My 7 year old mini dachshund, Rosie, was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. It is inoperable. We are currently pursuing all possible treatment options including radioiodide treatments, and radiation treatments as well as holistic treatments as an adjunct.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on any universities or specific clinics, doctors, that they would recommend for treating thyroid cancer with/without radioiodide treatments? We are willing to travel to find the best care for her.

Please feel free to contact me offline at jeaninefreeberg@... for any recommendations. Again, I apologize if anyone feels it was not approrpiate to post this on the rehab chat group. I'm just trying to come up with the best plan for her and I just couldn't think of a better place for collective veterinary wisdom and recommendations.

Thank you,

Jeanine Freeberg, PT, DPT, C/NDT

P.S. In light of recent events, it makes me realize all the more how remarkable it is that there are so many talented and dedicated people committed to bettering animals' lives. I know that we all have things to share, and things to learn, and I'm thankful that there are so many different backgrounds that are coming together to enhance the well being of animals through rehabilitation.