RemedySpot.com

Re: corruption

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I guess we get what we ask for (and deserve) in our elected officials. I lived in Warren County in central Mississippi (think Vicksburg) many years ago. For most of the time we were there, local elections were frozen by the federal government because of civil rights violations. This resulted in the same sheriff being in power for many years. In that time he built such a political machine that by the time elections resumed he was solidly in power. Years after we returned to the coast he was convicted of federal crimes (I forget the charges) and sent to prison, but won the next election between conviction and sentencing.

Our years in that area of the state were a dark time in many ways. The Mississippi Gulf Coast is more akin to south Louisiana in delightful ways, and people tend to get along and judge others on the basis of character and personal attributes. There was a huge and scary racial divide in Vicksburg, and from my several friends still there, this has not changed. I like to think that things are improved in Mississippi, and I know they have, but we still reap the harvest of so many years of terrible deeds.

W

Re: baby update (no baby yet)

I hope you get that natural birth, Laurie. Surely it's best when a baby comes on its own terms.

Your trees sounds lovely, . Glad you're recovering so well. Speaking of MS, , I just read that MS is the #2 most corrupt state in the country. (LA #1 - would that be before or after Katrina, I wonder). I thought RI might be #1 but wasn't counted due to its population being less than 2 million.

Elaine.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:48 PM, spamthekat <spamthekat> wrote:

Went to see the doctor and got the ultrasound.The baby is small, only 6 1/2 pounds. so the doctor is no longerpushing for me to have an immediate c-section! hooray! I love to dothe stairs at work and it took months and months before I could dostairs after the last c-section.So I am hoping for a natural birth. Baby's predicted arrival is aroundthe 24th, which means she could arrive any time between now & newyears. Hopefully she will arrive in December, because I have met allmy deductibles! I hope everyone is well and is preparing for some enjoyable holidayswith friends and family. And I hope Old man winter isn't hitting anyone too hard.Happy HolidaysLaurie

That's incredible. Seems corruption is growing but maybe we are just hearing about it more now.

Elaine

I guess we get what we ask for (and deserve) in our elected officials. I lived in Warren County in central Mississippi (think Vicksburg) many years ago. For most of the time we were there, local elections were frozen by the federal government because of civil rights violations. This resulted in the same sheriff being in power for many years. In that time he built such a political machine that by the time elections resumed he was solidly in power. Years after we returned to the coast he was convicted of federal crimes (I forget the charges) and sent to prison, but won the next election between conviction and sentencing.

Our years in that area of the state were a dark time in many ways. The Mississippi Gulf Coast is more akin to south Louisiana in delightful ways, and people tend to get along and judge others on the basis of character and personal attributes. There was a huge and scary racial divide in Vicksburg, and from my several friends still there, this has not changed. I like to think that things are improved in Mississippi, and I know they have, but we still reap the harvest of so many years of terrible deeds.

W

Re: baby update (no baby yet)

I hope you get that natural birth, Laurie. Surely it's best when a baby comes on its own terms.

Your trees sounds lovely, . Glad you're recovering so well. Speaking of MS, , I just read that MS is the #2 most corrupt state in the country. (LA #1 - would that be before or after Katrina, I wonder). I thought RI might be #1 but wasn't counted due to its population being less than 2 million.

Elaine.

Went to see the doctor and got the ultrasound.The baby is small, only 6 1/2 pounds. so the doctor is no longerpushing for me to have an immediate c-section! hooray! I love to dothe stairs at work and it took months and months before I could do

stairs after the last c-section.So I am hoping for a natural birth. Baby's predicted arrival is aroundthe 24th, which means she could arrive any time between now & newyears. Hopefully she will arrive in December, because I have met all

my deductibles! I hope everyone is well and is preparing for some enjoyable holidayswith friends and family. And I hope Old man winter isn't hitting anyone too hard.Happy HolidaysLaurie

It took me a while to reply to this, It is scary how much corruption there is.

I do realize however hpw we all fail short of what is expected of us. Does

anyone not answer a question on a form less than truthfully,.

We all lie just a bit. With most of us it has its limits, But soometimes we get

carried away, We are alo all rather foolish, incompedent, and down right stupis

ae times. And yet, it is quite amazing how many good things gey down. By

watching out for one another we can do amazing things. Somee times eveb after we

really screwed thing up.

> >

> >> Went to see the doctor and got the ultrasound.

> >>

> >> The baby is small, only 6 1/2 pounds. so the

> doctor is no longer

> >> pushing for me to have an immediate c-section!

> hooray! I love to do

> >> the stairs at work and it took months and months

> before I could do

> >> stairs after the last c-section.

> >>

> >> So I am hoping for a natural birth. Baby's

> predicted arrival is around

> >> the 24th, which means she could arrive any time

> between now & new

> >> years. Hopefully she will arrive in December,

> because I have met all

> >> my deductibles!