RemedySpot.com

corruption

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.commondreams.org/news2007/1008-04.htm

According to this article, IL is #6. Do you think they are only speaking of corruption in the government, or by private citizens as well. By definition (in this sense), does corruption infer government only?

RI has so much corruption that when a (government) official needs a lawyer, that lawyer is usually an ex-politician who had been arrested or been in some type of scandal (but apparently didn't lose his/her licence!).

A former governor was indicted on something but because he got out of serving jail time (that may have been a new rule just for that gov) even though he was a felon, he was allowed to run for the office again and won. The state troopers routinely provide security for the governor and he had a state trooper guard him (the governor) while he beat up someone who he accused of being his ex-wife's boyfriend (but who said he wasn't). The idea was that if he identified this person as a boyfriend, he would do better on the divorce settlement (but I don't get how beating up the guy would have helped).

but they got the governor on another charge later and he went to the same jail in NJ where his friend, the then ex-governor of CT was also serving time. There was so much more he's accused of doing that he was never charged with.

Makes you wonder what kind of society we are living in.

I had not heard this, Elaine, but not surprised. We have always said that the Louisiana politicians may not be more corrupt than ours, but they are always so much more entertaining. Prime example was LA governor Earl Long who was played by Newman in an excellent movie. Today, I have to wonder where Illinois is on the list with their brazen governor.

W Re: baby update (no baby yet)

I hope you get that natural birth, Laurie. Surely it's best when a baby comes on its own terms.

Your trees sounds lovely, . Glad you're recovering so well. Speaking of MS, , I just read that MS is the #2 most corrupt state in the country. (LA #1 - would that be before or after Katrina, I wonder). I thought RI might be #1 but wasn't counted due to its population being less than 2 million.

Elaine.

Went to see the doctor and got the ultrasound.The baby is small, only 6 1/2 pounds. so the doctor is no longerpushing for me to have an immediate c-section! hooray! I love to dothe stairs at work and it took months and months before I could do

stairs after the last c-section.So I am hoping for a natural birth. Baby's predicted arrival is aroundthe 24th, which means she could arrive any time between now & newyears. Hopefully she will arrive in December, because I have met all

my deductibles! I hope everyone is well and is preparing for some enjoyable holidayswith friends and family. And I hope Old man winter isn't hitting anyone too hard.Happy HolidaysLaurie