RemedySpot.com

where to send the cultures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just sent it to IDEXX and they treated it like any other culture.

>

> Hey all,

>

> quick (easy?) question.... where do you send your cultures when you culture

your underwater treadmill? Antech doesn't do it. Is there one lab that is

better than another?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)

> www.GaVetRehab.com

> Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians www.rehabvets.org

> evelynvet@...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

That's interesting. Antech made it sound like they didn't have the right media to grow the potential contaminates. I figured Idexx would be about the same. have you had positive results, ?

Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)www.GaVetRehab.com Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians www.rehabvets.orgevelynvet@...

>

> Hey all,

>

> quick (easy?) question.... where do you send your cultures when you culture your underwater treadmill? Antech doesn't do it. Is there one lab that is better than another?

>

> Thanks,

>

> www.GaVetRehab.com

> evelynvet@...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I will have to ask our lab tech cause I am pretty sure we sent to Antech and yes, we grew a bunch of stuff pam mueller

That's interesting.  Antech made it sound like they didn't have the right media to grow the potential contaminates. I figured Idexx would be about the same.  have you had positive results, ?

Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)www.GaVetRehab.com  

Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians  www.rehabvets.orgevelynvet@...  

>

> Hey all,

>

> quick (easy?) question.... where do you send your cultures when you culture your underwater treadmill? Antech doesn't do it. Is there one lab that is better than another?

>

> Thanks,

>

> www.GaVetRehab.com

> evelynvet@...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I told them what we were culturing and they were fine with it. What grew was the common bacteria found in public pools. Nothing contagious or deleterious to the pooches. I don’t have the results in front of me but it wasn’t harmful bacteria. Sessum (I believe) gave a lecture at the NAVC… I believe in 2011 on UWTM hygiene. …..if you are out there….please chime in. Mayer DVM CVA CVC CCRPIntegrative VeterinarianFounder and CEOwww.integrativeveterinarian.com From: VetRehab [mailto:VetRehab ] On Behalf Of OrenbuchSent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:16 PMTo: VetRehab Subject: Re: where to send the cultures That's interesting. Antech made it sound like they didn't have the right media to grow the potential contaminates. I figured Idexx would be about the same. have you had positive results, ? Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)www.GaVetRehab.com Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians www.rehabvets.orgevelynvet@... I just sent it to IDEXX and they treated it like any other culture. -----Original message-----From: Orenbuch evelynvet@...Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:34:43 -0600To: VetRehab Subject: where to send the cultures> > Hey all,> > quick (easy?) question.... where do you send your cultures when you culture your underwater treadmill? Antech doesn't do it. Is there one lab that is better than another? > > Thanks,> > Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)> www.GaVetRehab.com > Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians www.rehabvets.org> evelynvet@... > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

We also send our cultures to Idexx. They have no trouble with it.--Barbara Dr. ROYAL HAS AN INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE BLOG ON THE HUFFINGTON POST!!Dr. Royal's archive: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-e-royal-dvm/Dr. Barbara RoyalThe Royal Treatment Veterinary Center4130 N. RockwellChicago, IL 60618royaltreatmentvetcenter.com I told them what we were culturing and they were fine with it. What grew was the common bacteria found in public pools. Nothing contagious or deleterious to the pooches. I don’t have the results in front of me but it wasn’t harmful bacteria. Sessum (I believe) gave a lecture at the NAVC… I believe in 2011 on UWTM hygiene. …..if you are out there….please chime in. Mayer DVM CVA CVC CCRPIntegrative Veterinarian<image001.jpg>Founder and CEOwww.integrativeveterinarian.com From: VetRehab [mailto:VetRehab ] On Behalf Of OrenbuchSent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:16 PMTo: VetRehab Subject: Re: where to send the cultures That's inter esting. Antech made it sound like they didn't have the right media to grow the potential contaminates. I figured Idexx would be about the same. have you had positive results, ? Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)www.GaVetRehab.com Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians www.rehabvets.orgevelynvet@... I just sent it to IDEXX and they treated it like any other culture. -----Original message-----From: Orenbuch evelynvet@...Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:34:43 -0600To: VetRehab Subject: where to send the cultures> > Hey all,> > quick (easy?) question.... where do you send your cultures when you culture your underwater treadmill? Antech doesn't do it. Is there one lab that is better than another? > > Thanks,> > Orenbuch, DVM, CAVCA, CCRT, CVA(pending)> www.GaVetRehab.com > Pres. of Amer. Assoc. of Rehabilitation Veterinarians www.rehabvets.org> evelynvet@... > > > > > > > > > >