RemedySpot.com

Re: reaction to weak or insecure people - from Audrey's posting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When a tone is too breathy or whispery, I get anxious. We can add whiney to that

list. I'd perceive soft spoken people as weak more so as a teenager. Nowadays, I

get so caught up in the sound that I just have a general dislike or disgust for

the individual and can't put my finger on much else.

Do you have typical 4S responses to those who speak softly or are " weak " ?

> >

> > My son who has misophonia is that way when I'm speaking. He gets upset

> > if I say " yeah " softly instead of " yes " strongly, if I speak too slowly,

> > and also tells me not to draw out my vowels (like " we....el " instead of

> > " well " , which I tend to do if I'm still thinking about the rest of what

> > I'm about to say). This has actually ended up training me to speak more

> > succinctly and think more before I even start to speak, and it's flowed

> > over into how I speak at work so I come across as having more

> > confidence. Anyway, the point is that I probably was coming across to

> > him as weak before.

> >

> >

> >

> > From: Soundsensitivity

> > [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of tarabecon

> > Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 1:30 PM

> > To: Soundsensitivity

> > Subject: reaction to weak or insecure people - from

> > Audrey's posting

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I would like to follow up on this thread a bit. Do others tend to react

> > negatively to the conduct, words, habits of people they do not view as

> > STRONG?

> > It struck me that originally this condition was categorised as " soft

> > sound " sensitivity. Is there something about Soft, or Weak, or too

> > Gentle that triggers people - not only in the sounds they make but in

> > their attitudes, mannerisms etc.?

> > Please let me know.

> > With thanks,

> >

>

YEAH PEACH, WE ARE IDENTICAL.. IVE ASKED MY MOM ABOUT ANY HISTORY IN THE FAMILY AND SHE SAYS SHE CANT THINK OF ANYTHING...IS THERE ANY TWINS OUT THERE WITH 4SW???????????????????

I have two daughters, 22 and 32, both have Misaphonia. I raised my 22 year old but gave my 32 year old up for adoption when she was three days old. When we reconnected 25 years later...she has it as bad as I do. My 22 has it with more touch triggers than we do but less noise. I realized I wasn't crazy when I re-met Tori and she had it too. Couldn't be environmental .... in ca

, are you identical twins?

That would surely point to a genetic link.

Are there other people here with an identical twin?

>

> hi everyone, just want to vent hear a lil.. iam a single dad in the bay area, north bay ,,. well my worst ffear is coming true (i think) my 9 year old daaughter is having symptoms of 4s , first off id like to say that me and my twin brother have suffered with this for the past 35 years...its gotta be genetic.. ive kept this under wwraps as best i could my whole life.. to embarressed to tell anyone... ive also kept it hidden from my daughter in fear that she would somehow pick up the weird condition....but recentlly she has told me when the baby sitter is eating it annoys her . as you can guess my heart sank.. i would not wish this on my worst enemy.... i just told her to try and ignore it. (i definately do not want to tell her about this ) in fear that it will escalate .... iam praying that she does not have it.. AND ALSO DOES ANYONE NO IF THERE ARE DIFFERNENT LEVELS OF 4S ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? THANKS AND

GOD

> BLESS JASON

>

That is a very important bit of information, knowing that two sisters, raised in different homes , but from the same mother, both have Misophonia. It is genetic in some way. For years I thought that I was conditioned by my mother not to like sounds. Hers only exacerbated the problem, but was not the cause of it. I got her allergies too. More research is needed!!L.RonHubbard wrote about a phenomena called the "contagion of abberation". I have to read up on it again. Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:53 PM Subject: Re: Re: reaction to weak or insecure people - from Audrey's posting

I have two daughters, 22 and 32, both have Misaphonia. I raised my 22 year old but gave my 32 year old up for adoption when she was three days old. When we reconnected 25 years later...she has it as bad as I do. My 22 has it with more touch triggers than we do but less noise. I realized I wasn't crazy when I re-met Tori and she had it too. Couldn't be environmental .... in ca

>

> hi everyone, just want to vent hear a lil.. iam a single dad in the bay area, north bay ,,. well my worst ffear is coming true (i think) my 9 year old daaughter is having symptoms of 4s , first off id like to say that me and my twin brother have suffered with this for the past 35 years...its gotta be genetic.. ive kept this under wwraps as best i could my whole life.. to embarressed to tell anyone... ive also kept it hidden from my daughter in fear that she would somehow pick up the weird condition....but recentlly she has told me when the baby sitter is eating it annoys her . as you can guess my heart sank.. i would not wish this on my worst enemy.... i just told her to try and ignore it. (i definately do not want to tell her about this ) in fear that it will escalate .... iam praying that she does not have it.. AND ALSO DOES ANYONE NO IF THERE ARE DIFFERNENT LEVELS OF 4S ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? THANKS AND

GOD

> BLESS JASON

>

Yes whiney voices are tough- I have a hard time watching the actor Seymore Hoffman on TV. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:19 PM Subject: Re: reaction to weak or insecure people - from Audrey's posting

When a tone is too breathy or whispery, I get anxious. We can add whiney to that list. I'd perceive soft spoken people as weak more so as a teenager. Nowadays, I get so caught up in the sound that I just have a general dislike or disgust for the individual and can't put my finger on much else.

Do you have typical 4S responses to those who speak softly or are "weak"?

> >

> > My son who has misophonia is that way when I'm speaking. He gets upset

> > if I say "yeah" softly instead of "yes" strongly, if I speak too slowly,

> > and also tells me not to draw out my vowels (like "we....el" instead of

> > "well", which I tend to do if I'm still thinking about the rest of what

> > I'm about to say). This has actually ended up training me to speak more

> > succinctly and think more before I even start to speak, and it's flowed

> > over into how I speak at work so I come across as having more

> > confidence. Anyway, the point is that I probably was coming across to

> > him as weak before.

> >

> >

> >

> > From: Soundsensitivity

> > [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of tarabecon

> > Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 1:30 PM

> > To: Soundsensitivity

> > Subject: reaction to weak or insecure people - from

> > Audrey's posting

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I would like to follow up on this thread a bit. Do others tend to react

> > negatively to the conduct, words, habits of people they do not view as

> > STRONG?

> > It struck me that originally this condition was categorised as "soft

> > sound" sensitivity. Is there something about Soft, or Weak, or too

> > Gentle that triggers people - not only in the sounds they make but in

> > their attitudes, mannerisms etc.?

> > Please let me know.

> > With thanks,

> >

>

My auto correct keeps making this Misa phonia instead of MIsophonia. When My daughter and I first re-met, it was one of the first things we discovered about each other. We went for lunch and her boyfriend had a salad and she gave him THE LOOK. I knew just what she was feeling. I asked her if sounds bothered her ...she thought I was being critical of THE LOOK. I told her I did the same thing and so did her sister. She was as relieved as I was to know she wasn't crazy. She was at Duke finishing her nursing degree. I wish we could have talked them into doing a study. Of course the first thing I told Kaileigh about Tori was that she had IT too! I guess we know we are really

related.LIsa

That is a very important bit of information, knowing that two sisters, raised in different homes , but from the same mother, both have Misophonia. It is genetic in some way. For years I thought that I was conditioned by my mother not to like sounds. Hers only exacerbated the problem, but was not the cause of it. I got her allergies too. More research is needed!!L.RonHubbard wrote about a phenomena called the "contagion of abberation". I have to read up on it again. Mike

--

I also have a sister raised in another state we had barely any contact throughout the years and she has it too that's the thing that's convinced me as well that it's heriditary .Sent from my iPhone

That is a very important bit of information, knowing that two sisters, raised in different homes , but from the same mother, both have Misophonia. It is genetic in some way. For years I thought that I was conditioned by my mother not to like sounds. Hers only exacerbated the problem, but was not the cause of it. I got her allergies too. More research is needed!!L.RonHubbard wrote about a phenomena called the "contagion of abberation". I have to read up on it again. Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:53 PM Subject: Re: Re: reaction to weak or insecure people - from Audrey's posting

>

GOD

> BLESS JASON

>

=

yeah we have the shitty genes passed on,,, i cant belaive this has not come out years ago with as many people that have it.. i know the damn doctors or phycologist just thought it was physcological.but am blessed and grateful that it is out there in its right perspective... b

Subject: Re: Re: reaction to weak or insecure people - from Audrey's postingTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 10:52 AM

My auto correct keeps making this Misa phonia instead of MIsophonia. When My daughter and I first re-met, it was one of the first things we discovered about each other. We went for lunch and her boyfriend had a salad and she gave him THE LOOK. I knew just what she was feeling. I asked her if sounds bothered her ...she thought I was being critical of THE LOOK. I told her I did the same thing and so did her sister. She was as relieved as I was to know she wasn't crazy. She was at Duke finishing her nursing degree. I wish we could have talked them into doing a study. Of course the first thing I told Kaileigh about Tori was that she had IT too! I guess we know we are really related.LIsa

That is a very important bit of information, knowing that two sisters, raised in different homes , but from the same mother, both have Misophonia.

It is genetic in some way.

For years I thought that I was conditioned by my mother not to like sounds. Hers only exacerbated the problem, but was not the cause of it. I got her allergies too.

More research is needed!!

L.RonHubbard wrote about a phenomena called the "contagion of abberation". I have to read up on it again.

Mike

, are you identical twins?That would surely point to a genetic link.Are there other people here with an identical twin?--

I am sure it is genetic. I have identical twins with 4S, mother-son,

father-daughter, and so on...it is not uncommon at all, I believe there to be

different strengths of expressions of the gene.

> >>

> >> hi everyone, just want to vent hear a lil.. iam a single dad in the bay

area, north bay ,,. well my worst ffear  is coming true (i think) my 9 year old

daaughter is having symptoms of 4s , first off id like to say that me and my

twin brother have suffered with this for the past 35 years...its gotta be

genetic.. ive kept this under wwraps as best i could my whole life.. to

embarressed to tell anyone... ive also kept it hidden from my daughter in fear

that she would somehow pick up the weird condition....but recentlly she has told

me when the baby sitter is eating it annoys her . as you can guess my heart

sank.. i would not wish this on my worst enemy.... i just told her to try and

ignore it. (i definately do not want to tell her about this ) in fear that it

will escalate .... iam praying that she does not have it.. AND ALSO DOES ANYONE

NO IF THERE ARE DIFFERNENT LEVELS OF 4S 

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? THANKS AND

> GOD

> >> BLESS      JASON

> >>

> >

> >

>