RemedySpot.com

Re: Visual Triggers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yep, I find grammatical errors distracting. Using "as such" incorrectly is my pet peeve. Also "it's" when "its" is appropriate.But, for me it's nowhere near as bad as auditory triggers or other types of visual trigger like blinking lights, etc... To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 11:27 AM Subject: Visual Triggers

Does anyone else have visual triggers such as excessive use of ", ...., ( ), - in written form or misuse of your, you're, there, their, they're, etc? It tends to distract me from what I'm reading.

I have this trigger as well. For me, it's particularly aggravating when people

use " your " instead of " you're " , when they write " people that " instead of " people

who " , and when they drop the comma before " and " in a list. It drives my blood

pressure up every time!

I don't mind the overuse of commas as much as the lack of use...

>

> Does anyone else have visual triggers such as excessive use of " , ...., ( ), -

in written form or misuse of your, you're, there, their, they're, etc? It tends

to distract me from what I'm reading.

>

I don't know if my annoyance with the misuse of your, you're, there, their, they're, etc would be considered a trigger for me or just a general English Major annoyance. I did stop talking to a guy once because no matter what he was typing/texting he used there. I just couldn't deal with it. To: Soundsensitivity

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 2:27 PM Subject: Visual Triggers

Does anyone else have visual triggers such as excessive use of ", ...., ( ), - in written form or misuse of your, you're, there, their, they're, etc? It tends to distract me from what I'm reading.

That sounds more like OCD than anything related to Misophonia.  I know some have suggested that Misophonia may be related to OCD, but I am entirely unconvinced.  My only visual triggers are related to mouth movements like chewing and, to a lesser degree, occasionally leg tapping or other repetitive motions--particularly if in my peripheral vision.

For these types of triggers, it's just a part of being a grammar geek I think!

My other visual triggers are part of my SPD because I can't " filter out " the

distraction. I've never had OCD.

>

> That sounds more like OCD than anything related to Misophonia. I know some

> have suggested that Misophonia may be related to OCD, but I am entirely

> unconvinced.

>

> My only visual triggers are related to mouth movements like chewing and, to

> a lesser degree, occasionally leg tapping or other repetitive

> motions--particularly if in my peripheral vision.

>