RemedySpot.com

Re: Readers Digest Articles?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Readers Digest,I find myself enraged when people who call themselves experts ignorantly refer to my neurological condition as a quirk and offer advice that is tantamount to "just get over it." This sort of thing also creates an impulse in me to cancel my subscription to any periodical that publishes this sort of tripe. Am I normal or nuts?Subject: Re: Readers Digest Articles?To: "Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity >Date: Friday, February 17, 2012, 12:44 PM

Not everything they publish is from other sources. I quote from their site about this series of articles (emphasis is mine)"Do you hate to eat in front of others? Have an unreasonable fear of bald people? Just can’t stop rubbing anything made of satin? To put the question more bluntly, do your zany habits, fears, impulses, and superstitions make you NORMAL OR NUTS? Read the previous installments of this popular Reader’s Digest feature below, then tell us

(anonymously) about your own unique quirks in the comments. We’ll submit them to our panel of experts and publish their analyses in an upcoming issue—titled, of course, NORMAL OR NUTS?"This was an in house article that was touted as being presented to a panel of experts who called us nuts. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 12:07 PM Subject: Readers Digest Articles?

Ok, I keep seeing these posts about Readers Digest and articles about 4s and Misphonia. If I remember correctly, Readers Digest is a publisher of previously published articles from other sources, so if you want to criticize an article, you really need to contact the original article source.

If I am correct, Readers Digest will take on what you are saying by not publishing from that source/author again, but is not positioned to do anything about the content.

Just my tuppeny's worth.

Rik