RemedySpot.com

What kind of treatments options are out there?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm new to this message board. I've suffered in silence with 4S since I was a

preteen. I'm so relieved that there are others that I have it too. I thought I

was the only one! I've used avoidance of the sound as a treatment option for

years.

Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a therapist work?

Do I need to seek treatment from an audiologist?

What treatment options have worked for people?

Thanks!

Guest guest

Hi and Welcome!I'm trying Neurofeedback as a couple people have had luck with it in treating their 4S. So I'll keep you all posted on any progress- too soon to tell nowTake care- there is hope! To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 11:11 PM Subject: What kind of treatments options are out there?

Hi,

I'm new to this message board. I've suffered in silence with 4S since I was a preteen. I'm so relieved that there are others that I have it too. I thought I was the only one! I've used avoidance of the sound as a treatment option for years.

Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a therapist work?

Do I need to seek treatment from an audiologist?

What treatment options have worked for people?

Thanks!

Guest guest

What's Neurofeedback? Did you go through an audiologist or neurologist. My

therapist had no idea what Misophonia was.

>

> Hi and Welcome!

> I'm trying Neurofeedback as a couple people have had luck  with it in

treating their 4S. So I'll keep you all posted on any progress- too soon to tell

now

> Take care- there is hope!

>  

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 11:11 PM

> Subject: What kind of treatments options are out there?

>

>

>

>  

>

> Hi,

> I'm new to this message board. I've suffered in silence with 4S since I was a

preteen. I'm so relieved that there are others that I have it too. I thought I

was the only one! I've used avoidance of the sound as a treatment option for

years.

> Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a therapist work?

> Do I need to seek treatment from an audiologist?

> What treatment options have worked for people?

>

> Thanks!

>

Guest guest

I have been working with a chiropractor for 6 months and am having good results. Search the message archives for information. A lot cheaper and easier to find than NFB……………..

Guest guest

Neurofeedback is a retraining of the brain using tones. There is no elecricity involved- it works with brain wave activity. For instance after you get a QEEG (individualized brain map) done, they can see where there is too much beta or theta etc. in different parts of your brain and they try to balance it out. That is a really simplistic definition as I'm not an expert. You just have to find a NFB certified person in your area- no audiologist or neurologist needed for this

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:22 PMSubject: Re: What kind of treatments options are out there?

What's Neurofeedback? Did you go through an audiologist or neurologist. My therapist had no idea what Misophonia was. >> Hi and Welcome!> I'm trying Neurofeedback as a couple people have had luck with it in treating their 4S. So I'll keep you all posted on any progress- too soon to tell now> Take care- there is hope!>  > > > ________________________________> > To: Soundsensitivity > Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 11:11 PM> Subject:

What kind of treatments options are out there?> > > > Â > > Hi,> I'm new to this message board. I've suffered in silence with 4S since I was a preteen. I'm so relieved that there are others that I have it too. I thought I was the only one! I've used avoidance of the sound as a treatment option for years.> Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a therapist work?> Do I need to seek treatment from an audiologist?> What treatment options have worked for people?> > Thanks!>