Re: Time consuming project

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You've probably tried this, but if you run a search on 'selective sound

sensitivity', it brings up quite a few (2 pages) of thread topics. One in fact

is titled '4S' written by Dan. I believe if you sign in you can run a search

for the topic of 'selective sound sensitivity' and pick out purely the posts

written by certain folks, including yourself.

Or, you can go into your profile and click on the 'find all posts' or 'find all

topics started by me'. The problem my arise from when they banned people and

their name no longer appears. Then of course trying to make sense of it all

because they took the liberty to change people's words and delete some posts. If

they think people can find information there now, good luck. It's a nightmare.

Still makes me angry that they changed so much. They did more harm than good.

>

> For those of you who were on the Hyperacusis Network, or who are currently

members, some time ago the moderators went through the entire message board and

changed all reference to Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome (4S) which is what

I coined for this issue way back in the 1990s, and changed every single one of

these terms, to MISOPHONIA.

>

> Must have been a lot of work, I write quite a few posts.

>

> So....when I tried to find my early writings, it has become a chore!

>

> Anyone have any ideas on how to sift thru those 1000s of messages and pick out

the ones that were 4S or Selective Sound Sensitivity? I would love to bundle up

those items into a cohesive journey....

>

> MJ

>

Guest guest

I don't think it is time consuming. There is almost certainly a " change all "

function. This would change all references to " 4S " into " misophonia " with one

push of a button.

> >

> > For those of you who were on the Hyperacusis Network, or who are currently

members, some time ago the moderators went through the entire message board and

changed all reference to Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome (4S) which is what

I coined for this issue way back in the 1990s, and changed every single one of

these terms, to MISOPHONIA.

> >

> > Must have been a lot of work, I write quite a few posts.

> >

> > So....when I tried to find my early writings, it has become a chore!

> >

> > Anyone have any ideas on how to sift thru those 1000s of messages and pick

out the ones that were 4S or Selective Sound Sensitivity? I would love to

bundle up those items into a cohesive journey....

> >

> > MJ

> >

>

Guest guest

I am no longer a member of the HN but. I agree with Darlene with all the heavy editing and deletions of posts and members, the 4s/misophonia threads /posts make little sense to anyone except for those who participated at the time. Especially with the terminology changes, since most of it were agruments about not calling it 4s. Seems right to give credit to the HN as the first internet landing post for us. but it's not exactly a reliable travel journal to refer to, actually it's kind of embarrassing at times. From: Darlene

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 11:45 PM Subject: Re: Time consuming project

You've probably tried this, but if you run a search on 'selective sound sensitivity', it brings up quite a few (2 pages) of thread topics. One in fact is titled '4S' written by Dan. I believe if you sign in you can run a search for the topic of 'selective sound sensitivity' and pick out purely the posts written by certain folks, including yourself.

Or, you can go into your profile and click on the 'find all posts' or 'find all topics started by me'. The problem my arise from when they banned people and their name no longer appears. Then of course trying to make sense of it all because they took the liberty to change people's words and delete some posts. If they think people can find information there now, good luck. It's a nightmare. Still makes me angry that they changed so much. They did more harm than good.

>

> For those of you who were on the Hyperacusis Network, or who are currently members, some time ago the moderators went through the entire message board and changed all reference to Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome (4S) which is what I coined for this issue way back in the 1990s, and changed every single one of these terms, to MISOPHONIA.

>

>

>

> Anyone have any ideas on how to sift thru those 1000s of messages and pick out the ones that were 4S or Selective Sound Sensitivity? I would love to bundle up those items into a cohesive journey....

>

> MJ

>

Guest guest

There is an archive of the internet. The last snapshot of

www.hyperacusis.net before " 4S " was replaced by " misophonia " appears to be

available at:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080513091906/http://www.hyperacusis.net/

Hope this helps,

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:01 AM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: Time consuming project

For those of you who were on the Hyperacusis Network, or who are currently

members, some time ago the moderators went through the entire message board

and changed all reference to Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome (4S) which

is what I coined for this issue way back in the 1990s, and changed every

single one of these terms, to MISOPHONIA.

Must have been a lot of work, I write quite a few posts.

So....when I tried to find my early writings, it has become a chore!

Anyone have any ideas on how to sift thru those 1000s of messages and pick

out the ones that were 4S or Selective Sound Sensitivity? I would love to

bundle up those items into a cohesive journey....

MJ

Guest guest

What is an HN?

I am no longer a member of the HN but. I agree with Darlene with all the heavy editing and deletions of posts and members, the 4s/misophonia threads /posts make little sense to anyone except for those who participated at the time. Especially with the terminology changes, since most of it were agruments about not calling it 4s.

Seems right to give credit to the HN as the first internet landing post for us. but it's not exactly a reliable travel journal to refer to, actually it's kind of embarrassing at times.

Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 11:45 PM Subject: Re: Time consuming project

You've probably tried this, but if you run a search on 'selective sound sensitivity', it brings up quite a few (2 pages) of thread topics. One in fact is titled '4S' written by Dan. I believe if you sign in you can run a search for the topic of 'selective sound sensitivity' and pick out purely the posts written by certain folks, including yourself.

Or, you can go into your profile and click on the 'find all posts' or 'find all topics started by me'. The problem my arise from when they banned people and their name no longer appears. Then of course trying to make sense of it all because they took the liberty to change people's words and delete some posts. If they think people can find information there now, good luck. It's a nightmare. Still makes me angry that they changed so much. They did more harm than good.

>

> For those of you who were on the Hyperacusis Network, or who are currently members, some time ago the moderators went through the entire message board and changed all reference to Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome (4S) which is what I coined for this issue way back in the 1990s, and changed every single one of these terms, to MISOPHONIA.

>

>

>

> Anyone have any ideas on how to sift thru those 1000s of messages and pick out the ones that were 4S or Selective Sound Sensitivity? I would love to bundle up those items into a cohesive journey....

>

> MJ

>

Guest guest

Neeeeeeeever mind.

What is an HN?

I am no longer a member of the HN but. I agree with Darlene with all the heavy editing and deletions of posts and members, the 4s/misophonia threads /posts make little sense to anyone except for those who participated at the time. Especially with the terminology changes, since most of it were agruments about not calling it 4s.

Seems right to give credit to the HN as the first internet landing post for us. but it's not exactly a reliable travel journal to refer to, actually it's kind of embarrassing at times.

Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 11:45 PM Subject: Re: Time consuming project

>

>

>

>

>

> MJ

>

Guest guest

Yes it does thank you so much everyone for the good ideas.

>

> There is an archive of the internet. The last snapshot of

> www.hyperacusis.net before " 4S " was replaced by " misophonia " appears to be

> available at:

>

> http://web.archive.org/web/20080513091906/http://www.hyperacusis.net/

>

> Hope this helps,

>

>

> From: M

> Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:01 AM

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Subject: Time consuming project

>

>

>

>

> For those of you who were on the Hyperacusis Network, or who are currently

> members, some time ago the moderators went through the entire message board

> and changed all reference to Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome (4S) which

> is what I coined for this issue way back in the 1990s, and changed every

> single one of these terms, to MISOPHONIA.

>

>

>

> Anyone have any ideas on how to sift thru those 1000s of messages and pick

> out the ones that were 4S or Selective Sound Sensitivity? I would love to

> bundle up those items into a cohesive journey....

>

> MJ

>