RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: What do you think causes rage?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think we all have to remember too that sometimes they don't know they are making the sounds. We can't fully blame them, we're asking people to be hypervigilant of everything sound they make, spend a day yourself trying to avoid every sound/movement that bothers you, you'd go crazy trying to avoid them. Yes I get angry at people, especially when I know I've told them, my mother tries and the rest of my family seems to have completely "forgotten" I've said anything, same goes for my co-workers. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:40 PM Subject: Re: What do you think causes rage?

: My reactions are similar to yours, but I don’t try to harm myself. I realize you probably don’t want pity, but I feel very sorry that your family would intentionally inflict you KNOWING that it affects you the way it does. When people learn of my intolerance for said sounds, they sometimes intentionally make them. I think they feel that your intolerance is simply something that can be thrown like a switch. They don’t understand, so they act out of spite and ignorance. Best of luck, -AM --------------------------------------------"Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.†-- Edmund Burke, philosopher (1729-1797) from a speech to the Electors of Bristol (1774-11-03)

Guest guest

I cant really blame people around me who make my trigger sounds unintentionally since most of them are like part of everday life si i try to stay away locked in my room as to avoid any of these sounds but if i do hear them i would start hurting myself or listen to loud loud music till i forget..most of the time i snd up crying alone ..my family dont really understand what it feels like they think that once i stop thinking about if ill simply forget but its not that simple and they end up being upsat and angry when m the one who is supposed to be angry..hopefully some of you can relate to this

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Amelia ;

To:

Soundsensitivity <Soundsensitivity >;

Subject:

Re: Re: What do you think causes rage?

Sent:

Wed, Apr 4, 2012 6:46:14 PM

I think we all have to remember too that sometimes they don't know they are making the sounds. We can't fully blame them, we're asking people to be hypervigilant of everything sound they make, spend a day yourself trying to avoid every sound/movement that bothers you, you'd go crazy trying to avoid them. Yes I get angry at people, especially when I know I've told them, my mother tries and the rest of my family seems to have completely " forgotten " I've said anything, same goes for my co-workers.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:40 PM Subject: Re: What do you think causes rage?

: My reactions are similar to yours, but I don’t try to harm myself. I realize you probably don’t want pity, but I feel very sorry that your family would intentionally inflict you KNOWING that it affects you the way it does. When people learn of my intolerance for said sounds, they sometimes intentionally make them. I think they feel that your intolerance is simply something that can be thrown like a switch. They don’t understand, so they act out of spite and ignorance. Best of luck, -AM -------------------------------------------- " Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.†-- Edmund Burke, philosopher (1729-1797) from a speech to the Electors of Bristol (1774-11-03)

Guest guest

I don’t get mad because I’m able to avoid my trigger noises right now.

I have only one (very) noisy coworker. I wear Hearos earplugs under my noise-cancelling headphones playing brown noise. The ability to escape gives me tremendous comfort, so I don’t feel trapped and the noise doesn’t bother me much during my brief exposures.

People don’t interact much where I work, which has its good and bad sides.

I’m lucky for now,

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:42 PM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: Re: What do you think causes rage?

Hi ,You wrote this in the past tense, like this doesn't happen any more. Have you moved on from reacting like that? How?Liesa______________________________ __To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:10 PMSubject: Re: What do you think causes rage?I remember getting real angry with my family. They knew that the sounds hurt me, but sometimes they would make them anyway. Now, I hide my misophonia so I won’t feel that someone is intentionally or carelessly hurting me.I also remember talking inside my head about someone making my trigger noises: they were “lazy” or “gross” or “ill-mannered”. I remember thinking “Don’t they know they’re hurting me?”, which was ironic because they didn’t know, because I didn’t tell them, because I didn’t trust them not to hurt me.I also got angry when I felt trapped while hearing my trigger noises. I could get angry with someone who was preventing me from leaving, or with the noise-maker. The anger I felt inside was more likely to be evident to others if I had to talk. I was short with people who weren’t making the noise or trapping me, but I was angry while I talked to them, and it showed.Wow, I had forgotten what it felt like,