RemedySpot.com

Re: What do you think causes rage?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I feel that the rage is caused by the fight or flight reaction. It's the fight reaction that causes us to get mad and feel rage.Amelia To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 1:50 PM Subject: What

do you think causes rage?

I was wondering what you think could cause the rage, either from a medical/scientific perspective or even just your own philosophy on it, or your personal opinion about your own personal reasons for having rage... ?

Guest guest

I remember getting real angry with my family. They knew that the sounds hurt me, but sometimes they would make them anyway. Now, I hide my misophonia so I won’t feel that someone is intentionally or carelessly hurting me.

I also remember talking inside my head about someone making my trigger noises: they were “lazy†or “gross†or “ill-manneredâ€. I remember thinking “Don’t they know they’re hurting me?â€, which was ironic because they didn’t know, because I didn’t tell them, because I didn’t trust them not to hurt me.

I also got angry when I felt trapped while hearing my trigger noises. I could get angry with someone who was preventing me from leaving, or with the noise-maker. The anger I felt inside was more likely to be evident to others if I had to talk. I was short with people who weren’t making the noise or trapping me, but I was angry while I talked to them, and it showed.

Wow, I had forgotten what it felt like,

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:50 AM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: What do you think causes rage?

I was wondering what you think could cause the rage, either from a medical/scientific perspective or even just your own philosophy on it, or your personal opinion about your own personal reasons for having rage... ?

Guest guest

I also think that the rage is sort of a fight (as opposed to flight) response. Whenever I hear my trigger noise, I can't help myself. I have to do something like fidget, attempt to escape, look angrily at the inflictor, or if I can't let out any of the above, I'll hurt myself any way I can. Like I'll take my fingernails and, so that no one can see, scratch myself until I bleed. I remember one time I was getting so furious because my mom knew the particular sound to annoy me and would make it over and over again. And to torture me further, she prohibited me from leaving or fidgeting, otherwise she'd say I couldn't have dinner, etc. Well I found the crook of my arm to hold onto and I just scratched away, leaving my arm raw and susceptible to bleeding for weeks. Basically, I have to take my rage out on someone--whether it be the inflictor of my personal torture, or myself.

I remember getting real angry with my family. They knew that the sounds hurt me, but sometimes they would make them anyway. Now, I hide my misophonia so I won’t feel that someone is intentionally or carelessly hurting me.

I also remember talking inside my head about someone making my trigger noises: they were “lazy†or “gross†or “ill-manneredâ€. I remember thinking “Don’t they know they’re hurting me?â€, which was ironic because they didn’t know, because I didn’t tell them, because I didn’t trust them not to hurt me.

I also got angry when I felt trapped while hearing my trigger noises. I could get angry with someone who was preventing me from leaving, or with the noise-maker. The anger I felt inside was more likely to be evident to others if I had to talk. I was short with people who weren’t making the noise or trapping me, but I was angry while I talked to them, and it showed.

Guest guest

Oh My Goodness . You took the words right out of my mouth!

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:10 PMSubject: Re: What do you think causes rage?

Guest guest

I couldn't agree more either! The rage is so bad, that the thoughts running through my mind are awful and they continue on and on, over and over!

Oh My Goodness . You took the words right out of my mouth!

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:10 PMSubject: Re: What do you think causes rage?

Guest guest

Doctor :

What are your thoughts on what causes the rage?

If the auditory system is doing _______________________ then the rage comes

from __________.

Is there an answer in that format? Or is it a different train of thought

altogether?

Thank you for your insight.

>

> I was wondering what you think could cause the rage, either from a

medical/scientific perspective or even just your own philosophy on it, or your

personal opinion about your own personal reasons for having rage... ?

>

Guest guest

: My reactions are similar to yours, but I don’t try to harm myself. I realize you probably don’t want pity, but I feel very sorry that your family would intentionally inflict you KNOWING that it affects you the way it does. When people learn of my intolerance for said sounds, they sometimes intentionally make them. I think they feel that your intolerance is simply something that can be thrown like a switch. They don’t understand, so they act out of spite and ignorance. Best of luck, -AM -------------------------------------------- " Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.” -- Edmund Burke, philosopher (1729-1797) from a speech to the Electors of Bristol (1774-11-03)

Guest guest

Hi ,You wrote this in the past tense, like this doesn't happen any more. Have you moved on from reacting like that? How?Liesa

Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:10 PM

Subject: Re: What do you think causes rage?

I remember getting real angry with my family.  They knew that the sounds

hurt me, but sometimes they would make them anyway.  Now, I hide my misophonia so I won’t feel that someone is intentionally or carelessly hurting me.

I also remember talking inside my head about someone making my trigger noises: they were “lazy” or “gross” or “ill-mannered”.  I remember thinking “Don’t they know they’re hurting me?”, which was ironic because

they didn’t know, because I didn’t tell them, because I didn’t trust them not to hurt me.

I also got angry when I felt trapped while hearing my trigger noises.  I

could get angry with someone who was preventing me from leaving, or with the noise-maker.  The anger I felt inside was more likely to be evident to others if I had to talk.  I was short with people who weren’t

making the noise or trapping me, but I was angry while I talked to them, and it showed.

Guest guest

My family respects my condition. Even so, my mother at one point in time (not

too long ago) FORGOT that I had the condition. She, like I, had figured the

condition to be a 'thing' of short lividness. Though I had become more aware of

it's resilience as I am forced to indure its unchanging company; my parents were

not. They, like many people under the scourge of wanting, have figured it would

fade as the ghost it should have been. But I am the ghost of their denial. And

I cry out of pain of inconsequential things, and for having nothing to do with

anything but my inescapable self. I hurt and, as a result, hurt more, and live

in myself, by myself.

>

> I cant really blame people around me who make my trigger sounds

unintentionally since most of them are like part of everday life si i try to

stay away locked in my room as to avoid any of these sounds but if i do hear

them i would start hurting myself or listen to loud loud music till i

forget..most of the time i snd up crying alone ..my family dont really

understand what it feels like they think that once i stop thinking about if ill

simply forget but its not that simple and they end up being upsat and angry when

m the one who is supposed to be angry..hopefully some of you can relate to this

>

> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

>