RemedySpot.com

Re: side effects of Zoloft

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Absolutely this is a side effect of Zoloft. It should get better over time, but in general, you will be considerably sleepier on Zoloft. Dizziness and headaches are also listed side effects of Zoloft.You may want to Google "Zoloft side effects" for more information.In my experience, most side effects go away with time, but fatigue and sexual side effects are persistent as long as I am on that drug. To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:14 AM Subject: side effects of Zoloft

I have a question for all who took Zoloft.

My daughter started taking 25 mg/day 2 months ago, and increased to 50mg a month ago. She is more tired, sleeping for 15, 17 hours straight. We can't even wake her up.

She's starting to have more OCD symptoms and headaches.

I don't know if this is due to Zoloft, or just her misophonia getting worse....

Did anyone have negative side effects from Zoloft?

-jt

Guest guest

There are many other drugs if you want to avoid a particular side effect. I

found a psychiatrist who is very knowledgeable about SSRIs and SNRIs and he

switches me if one is interfering with my life.

I had forgotten the over-sleeping. Perhaps switching from an SSRI to an SNRI

like Cymbalta?

Sexual side affects are pretty universal, as said. Finally, Viibryd has

worked for 19 out of 20 of my doctor's patients. I am ramping up my dose now.

---- Misophonia Sufferer wrote:

> Absolutely this is a side effect of Zoloft.  It should get better over time,

but in general, you will be considerably sleepier on Zoloft.  Dizziness and

headaches are also listed side effects of Zoloft.

> You may want to Google " Zoloft side effects " for more information.

>

> In my experience, most side effects go away with time, but fatigue and sexual

side effects are persistent as long as I am on that drug.

>

> Chris

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: " soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity >

> Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:14 AM

> Subject: side effects of Zoloft

>

>

>  

> I have a question for all who took Zoloft.

>  

> My daughter started taking 25 mg/day 2 months ago, and increased to 50mg a

month ago.  She is more tired, sleeping for 15, 17 hours straight.  We can't

even wake her up.

> She's starting to have more OCD symptoms and headaches. 

> I don't know if this is due to Zoloft, or just her misophonia getting

worse....

> Did anyone have negative side effects from Zoloft?

>  

> -jt

>

Guest guest

Hi jt,I’ve been on Zoloft for years. I did have headaches at first, but they went away after a couple of months, so giving it a little more time might help. For the sleepiness, it was suggested I take it at night, but due to my own routine, I take it in the morning and being active all day (at work) I don’t notice any sleepiness. I really don’t ever feel sleepiness now, so that might go away, too. That might be different if it involves staying awake in class (I had a hard time staying awake in class even without Zoloft). Also, maybe the dosage was increased a little too soon, before adjusting to the initial amount. If the doctor wants to increase it more, you might ask if you can wait a little longer. Sometimes, once you’ve adjusted, a small increase doesn’t cause as strong as side effects. Additionally, how old is your daughter? If she’s young/small, this amount, which is actually small even after the increase, might effect her the same as a bigger dose would for an older/larger person. So overall, you might give it a little more time, but take it easy on any additional increases for awhile.BTW, I take it for depression. My son, who is the one with Miso, took another SSRI when he was young and it helped with his OCD and stress from sounds, but definitely did not make the Miso go away (just a little easier to cope). Hope this helps a little bit.Chris/Mom From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of jtSent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:15 AMTo: soundsensitivity Subject: side effects of Zoloft I have a question for all who took Zoloft. My daughter started taking 25 mg/day 2 months ago, and increased to 50mg a month ago. She is more tired, sleeping for 15, 17 hours straight. We can't even wake her up.She's starting to have more OCD symptoms and headaches. I don't know if this is due to Zoloft, or just her misophonia getting worse....Did anyone have negative side effects from Zoloft? -jt

Guest guest

I just quit taking Zoloft a week ago, after being on it for 10 days. I was at

25mg for a week, then up to 50mg for two days, and I felt crazy and detached

from my body, so I quit taking it right away.

I just don't think SSRIs are the right treatment for anxiety or misophonia.

First off, they don't treat the cause, but kind of treat the symptoms. I was

calmer and didn't ruminate on the rage when I was triggered - but I was also

feeling like a ghost in my own body. It was really odd.

I did sleep a lot for a few days, right after work in the evening, would fall

asleep, but would wake up in the middle of the night.

It didn't help feeling that way, when I was trying to work or get anything done.

All I could do was yawn and stare at the wall.

I think Zoloft is OK for major depression, but not for misophonia and anxiety.

There's no way I would have stayed on it for a long amount of time, which is

what you have to do for it to even work. Have you read the black box warnings?

Suicidal thoughts...losing the ability to orgasm FOREVER...no thank you.

>

>  

even wake her up.

worse....

>  

> -jt

>

Guest guest

Not one antidepressant worked for my daughter. She tried 3 different ones. She

was also on zoloft and it did not agree with her.

>

>  

even wake her up.

worse....

>  

> -jt

>

Guest guest

Thanks to all who responded and also the feedback on other medicines.

I am very thankful for this support group. I get instant and around-the-clock support from the experts!!

...for those who are praying for their misophonia, please extend your prayers to this whole group. I am.

-jt

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:37 PMSubject: Re: side effects of Zoloft

Not one antidepressant worked for my daughter. She tried 3 different ones. She was also on zoloft and it did not agree with her. >> I have a question for all who took Zoloft.> > My daughter started taking 25 mg/day 2 months ago, and increased to 50mg a month ago. She is more tired, sleeping for 15, 17 hours straight. We can't even wake her up.> She's starting to have more OCD symptoms and headaches. > I don't know if this is due to Zoloft, or just her misophonia getting worse....> Did anyone have negative side effects from Zoloft?> > -jt>

Guest guest

lisa, iam one that does not belaive in (any ) drug .. but after living for years of anxiety i broke down and went to the docs. first he put me on welbutrin and it made things worse . he then put me on this stuff called celxa and low and behold it acually works with no side affects.. just putting it out there.. doesnt do anything for the misophonia though..

Subject: Re: side effects of ZoloftTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 12:02 PM

I just quit taking Zoloft a week ago, after being on it for 10 days. I was at 25mg for a week, then up to 50mg for two days, and I felt crazy and detached from my body, so I quit taking it right away. I just don't think SSRIs are the right treatment for anxiety or misophonia. First off, they don't treat the cause, but kind of treat the symptoms. I was calmer and didn't ruminate on the rage when I was triggered - but I was also feeling like a ghost in my own body. It was really odd.I did sleep a lot for a few days, right after work in the evening, would fall asleep, but would wake up in the middle of the night.It didn't help feeling that way, when I was trying to work or get anything done. All I could do was yawn and stare at the wall.I think Zoloft is OK for major depression, but not for misophonia and anxiety. There's no way I would have stayed on it for a long amount of time, which is what you have to do for it to even work.

Have you read the black box warnings? Suicidal thoughts...losing the ability to orgasm FOREVER...no thank you.>> I have a question for all who took Zoloft.> > My daughter started taking 25 mg/day 2 months ago, and increased to 50mg a month ago. She is more tired, sleeping for 15, 17 hours straight. We can't even wake her up.> She's starting to have more OCD symptoms and headaches. > I don't know if this is due to Zoloft, or just her misophonia getting worse....> Did anyone have negative side effects from Zoloft?> > -jt>