RemedySpot.com

Thank you all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just want to say thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences. Reading about you has made this problem so much more tolerable, and although I rarely write anything this doesn't mean I don't appreciate you! I'm especially proud of how brave many of you are by trying to solve this puzzle by explaining it to professionals - and I believe that because of you there will be a discovery as to why it's happening to us. I've never had the guts to admit to anyone that I wanted to smash someone's head in for making " innocent " noises. I still won't, unless it's to fellow sufferers who understand what it's like.

I'm having a great day, so I'm celebrating by being happy and chatty. I was laid off not long ago, from a job that included a huge amount of triggers, and although the financial aspect isn't ideal I've never been happier. The timing coincided with my learning about misophonia - truly a Godsend. I feel like a totally different person today. Especially today, since it was the first time in memory that chomping food didn't drive me insane. Oh, there was a tingle...but I could tell myself to back off and it worked! I'm sure I have this group to thank for my lack of emotionalism as well as all the therapeutic downtime. And I was especially happy because not only did my brain not explode, but later on the chomper asked if anyone minded if she used a Lysol wipe. I almost kissed her, lol. The chomping was short and sweet, lasting maybe 10 minutes. The utter mind-numbing stench would have lasted all day, and it was avoided by an aware and considerate person. Now if only she knew about the chomping...but like I said, I'm too cowardly to say anything. Maybe if I hadn't grown up being told how crabby, bossy and miserable I was, I might. I'm elated that there are parents in this group trying to help their children with this " thing " we have. You might not understand what the kids are feeling, but at least you aren't disregarding it or belittling them in their discomfort.

And I've also been laughing at myself for a few days now (in a good way) after reading the thread about touch. Yeah, I'm very touch sensitive. Actually I need a good amount of free space around me or I get very uncomfortable. But what is really funny is to see me at mealtime, pawing through the forks to find one that I can put in my mouth, lol. Out of all that cutlery...anyone watching me would think I was worried that they had food stuck on them or something! But there are only a few that don't irritate me. But if I tell anyone that...ha!