RemedySpot.com

Suggestions for Newbies -- these ideas will help!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Welcome to all the newbies here! You are not alone!

I have a few suggestions for you. Having lived with this for over 30 years,

written about it, researched it, talked at length to a hundred or more folks

just like me, I have learned some very good coping methods. None are perfect

and none erase the sound or the reaction to it. But they do soften my reaction

enough to let me live a peaceful, happy life. Here are my suggestions for you:

1) Go to an ENT and have them check and, if needed, clean your ears. Sometimes

extra wax can actually cause MORE sensitivity (not less, as you'd think). If

they find any, go back yearly for a new cleaning.

2) Go to an audiologist and have them fit you for custom ear plugs. They will

fit better than any other plugs you'll ever buy (mine cost about $20-30).

3) Download BROWN noise from the web (or whichever color noise soothes you).

You can then wear your mp3 player/headphones and play that noise when outside

noises get really bad and to calm you after a bad trigger. I've used this to

sleep in the same room with my husband while traveling.

4) Give your family literature, printouts from this site, etc. to educate them.

Their understanding and compassion toward you as you survive this is absolutely

essential! You do not need guilt and shame piled onto your shoulders. This

disorder, on its own, is enough of a burden for anyone to bear.

5) Take extra B12 and magnesium (and possibly go to the doctor to get a B12

shot). Also a lavender oil bath in am and pm. All help with stress. And less

stress helps you cope better with anything, including 4S. Also, getting enough

sleep is important. Do it in any way you can, even if you have to sleep in a

separate room.

6) Take yoga or Art of Living course. Both will help lessen stress and

oxygenate your body and your brain to help cope with 4S.

Take care,

Guest guest

Simplynoise.com is my preferred source of white, pink, and brown noise. I sleep to the brown noise every night..... it is wonderful.

I have a few suggestions for you. Having lived with this for over 30 years, written about it, researched it, talked at length to a hundred or more folks just like me, I have learned some very good coping methods. None are perfect and none erase the sound or the reaction to it. But they do soften my reaction enough to let me live a peaceful, happy life. Here are my suggestions for you:

1) Go to an ENT and have them check and, if needed, clean your ears. Sometimes extra wax can actually cause MORE sensitivity (not less, as you'd think). If they find any, go back yearly for a new cleaning.

2) Go to an audiologist and have them fit you for custom ear plugs. They will fit better than any other plugs you'll ever buy (mine cost about $20-30).

3) Download BROWN noise from the web (or whichever color noise soothes you). You can then wear your mp3 player/headphones and play that noise when outside noises get really bad and to calm you after a bad trigger. I've used this to sleep in the same room with my husband while traveling.

4) Give your family literature, printouts from this site, etc. to educate them. Their understanding and compassion toward you as you survive this is absolutely essential! You do not need guilt and shame piled onto your shoulders. This disorder, on its own, is enough of a burden for anyone to bear.

5) Take extra B12 and magnesium (and possibly go to the doctor to get a B12 shot). Also a lavender oil bath in am and pm. All help with stress. And less stress helps you cope better with anything, including 4S. Also, getting enough sleep is important. Do it in any way you can, even if you have to sleep in a separate room.

6) Take yoga or Art of Living course. Both will help lessen stress and oxygenate your body and your brain to help cope with 4S.

Take care,

Guest guest

Thank you that is all very helpful information

I have a few suggestions for you. Having lived with this for over 30 years, written about it, researched it, talked at length to a hundred or more folks just like me, I have learned some very good coping methods. None are perfect and none erase the sound or the reaction to it. But they do soften my reaction enough to let me live a peaceful, happy life. Here are my suggestions for you:

1) Go to an ENT and have them check and, if needed, clean your ears. Sometimes extra wax can actually cause MORE sensitivity (not less, as you'd think). If they find any, go back yearly for a new cleaning.

2) Go to an audiologist and have them fit you for custom ear plugs. They will fit better than any other plugs you'll ever buy (mine cost about $20-30).

3) Download BROWN noise from the web (or whichever color noise soothes you). You can then wear your mp3 player/headphones and play that noise when outside noises get really bad and to calm you after a bad trigger. I've used this to sleep in the same room with my husband while traveling.

4) Give your family literature, printouts from this site, etc. to educate them. Their understanding and compassion toward you as you survive this is absolutely essential! You do not need guilt and shame piled onto your shoulders. This disorder, on its own, is enough of a burden for anyone to bear.

5) Take extra B12 and magnesium (and possibly go to the doctor to get a B12 shot). Also a lavender oil bath in am and pm. All help with stress. And less stress helps you cope better with anything, including 4S. Also, getting enough sleep is important. Do it in any way you can, even if you have to sleep in a separate room.

6) Take yoga or Art of Living course. Both will help lessen stress and oxygenate your body and your brain to help cope with 4S.

Take care,