RemedySpot.com

Re: Someone to talk to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Nick, I’m definitely not 15 yrs old, however I’m here because my son has misophonia and has had it since about 8 or 9 years old (he’s 28 now). I’m sure you’ll hear from others closer to your age, but I still wanted to respond, partly so you would hear back from someone right away, and partly because, being a mom of someone with misophonia, my heart goes out to you and I’m sorry your parents and brother are not more understanding (yet). There is a lot of information here that you will eventually be able to gather and print for them, or have them watch 20/20 which is supposed to have a segment on this on May 18th, and hopefully they will begin to see that this is real and not just a minor annoyance. Hang in there. Hugs to you.- Chris/Mom From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of nickgeel96Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:44 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Someone to talk to Bi im 15 and am self diagnosed with misophonia. I just want someone my age with the same issues to talk to. Neither of my parents believe me and my brother uses this annoyance to his advantage. I hate living like this and i cant make many friends because on constant eating and chewing in my school. Please reply, thank you very much.

Guest guest

Hi Nick,I spent most of my life keeping this problem to myself. I'm 60 now. Wish I would have at least known that it wasn't just me being weird or crazy and there were others out there like me. You are much luckier than those here that have spend decades alone with this problem. I know there are some other young people in this group. Maybe you can get your own support group on this or another site. Share phone numbers and email addresses and Skype on your computers. I know the support will help you to cope and maybe you just might make some good lifelong friends. I really think that after the 20/20

segment airs later this month, that a lot of good things will happen. There will be many more people, some your age, that will be coming on this site. There are positive changes ahead and hope for you and others like you.Best of luck, Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:54 PM Subject: RE: Someone to talk to

Hi Nick, I’m definitely not 15 yrs old, however I’m here because my son has misophonia and has had it since about 8 or 9 years old (he’s 28 now). I’m sure you’ll hear from others closer to your age, but I still wanted to respond, partly so you would hear back from someone right away, and partly because, being a mom of someone with misophonia, my heart goes out to you and I’m sorry your parents and brother are not more understanding (yet). There is a lot of information here that you will eventually be able to gather and print for them, or have them watch 20/20 which is supposed to have a segment on this on May 18th, and hopefully they will begin to see that this is real and not just a minor

annoyance. Hang in there. Hugs to you.- Chris/Mom From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of nickgeel96Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:44 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Someone to talk to Bi im 15 and am self diagnosed with misophonia. I just want someone my age with the same issues to talk to. Neither of my parents

believe me and my brother uses this annoyance to his advantage. I hate living like this and i cant make many friends because on constant eating and chewing in my school. Please reply, thank you very much.

Guest guest

Hi Nick,

My heart goes out to you. My daughter is 15. She tried hard to act normal for years, and only came out to tell us 2 months ago.

Like you, she's struggling every day to get through her classes... You can connect with her on tumbler: http://m1sophonia.tumblr.com/

You should tell your parents about this newsgroup. Initially I didn't understand how bad this is for my daughter, and thought it was just just a teenage phase she's going through. But after learning more about this via the internet and this newsgroup, I understand her so much better. Now, we're doing everything we can to help her. My younger son now understands why she's mad at him all the time. He even helps to remind others to blow their noses when they're around her....

She is on Zoloft and working with a Cognitive Behavior therapist twice a week. She can share with you what she learns, hopefully it can help you too.

I do wish somebody finds a cure soon....

In the mean time, learn some coping skills and keep calm. We're here for you.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:44 PMSubject: Someone to talk to

Bi im 15 and am self diagnosed with misophonia. I just want someone my age with the same issues to talk to. Neither of my parents believe me and my brother uses this annoyance to his advantage. I hate living like this and i cant make many friends because on constant eating and chewing in my school. Please reply, thank you very much.

Guest guest

Hi Nick,

My daughter has just turned 15 and suffers from misophonia. She can't stand

being in the same room with me or her mother when we are eating. She also finds

loud breathing difficult. This started about three years ago. I have suffered

from misophonia since I was 14 (I am now 54). I tried very hard to keep my

behaviour under control in front of my daughter but she has still developed the

same behaviours as I had when I was her age. Unfortunately her mother doesn't

believe this is a medical condition - she just blames me for not being able to

control myself - so I can't put you both in contact. This post is really just to

express my understanding of what you ate going through and wish you well. I have

found that reading about misophonia and hearing other people's stories has

helped me to at last come to terms with my condition. I wish I had had this

support when I was your age.

Best wishes,

Sent from my iPad