RemedySpot.com

Re: Will medical marijuana help?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I found it helped me as well but I ended up in a cycle of abusing them. They dull everything especially anxiety. I have a problem rationing drugs they way they are prescribed. My philosophy is that if one pill makes me feel better, two pills will make me feel great. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:23 PM Subject: Will medical marijuana help?

I'm currently on painkillers for other reasons and they seem to take the edge off of my trigger sounds and I feel better. Anyone with this experience please respond. Thank you.

Guest guest

My personal opinion, for what it is, I dont think it is worth taking the risk of the various long term side effects such as severe anxiety which remain after stopping using the cannabis.  I suffer from Chronic Intractable Pain and have looked in this area a lot, and spoken to people who have used and abused it.  I chose not to use it.

Liz

I'm currently on painkillers for other reasons and they seem to take the edge off of my trigger sounds and I feel better. Anyone with this experience please respond. Thank you.

------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE.

ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you.  MJ

Guest guest

Marijuana is illegal here.. but I am on two different opioids for my other health problems and they don't have that effect on me. They don't dull anything other than the pain. I don't get relaxed or high or loopy or tired on them. All they do for me is help a tiny bit with the pain.

---------------------------------------------------------

♥

" Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before. " -Holley Gerth ♥

My personal opinion, for what it is, I dont think it is worth taking the risk of the various long term side effects such as severe anxiety which remain after stopping using the cannabis.  I suffer from Chronic Intractable Pain and have looked in this area a lot, and spoken to people who have used and abused it.  I chose not to use it.

Liz

------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE.

ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you.  MJ

Guest guest

I'm in CA and a doctor thought it might help: afterall we are born with

cannaboid receptors in our brains. I tried it. It didn't help. It even made it

worse at times.

Can you please tell me which painkillers you take? I'd like to look at the the

receptor sites in the brain.

>

>

> > I'm currently on painkillers for other reasons and they seem to take the

> > edge off of my trigger sounds and I feel better. Anyone with this

> > experience please respond. Thank you.

> >

>

Guest guest

Interesting question. I think it might depend on the person. It sounds like

there is a spectrum of reactions as well as triggers between sufferers, so for

those on the milder side, it may very well be all it take to take the edge off.

We just stumbled on another idea on another thread here - oxytocin.

Not sure what to make of this: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01335789,

but thought I'd share.

>

> I'm currently on painkillers for other reasons and they seem to take the edge

off of my trigger sounds and I feel better. Anyone with this experience please

respond. Thank you.

>

Guest guest

> >

> > > I'm currently on painkillers for other reasons and they seem to take the

> > > edge off of my trigger sounds and I feel better. Anyone with this

> > > experience please respond. Thank you.

> > >

> >

>

I am on painkillers for RA, but honestly they make me so ill I barely tolerate

taking 1/2 doses. I do have soma for an occassional back problem, and when I

take those, they do block out the noises that bother me. I think it works

because they make me feel kinda stoned, only problem is the effect only lasts

about 20 minutes. Also, no way you could find a doctor to prescribe them

because your coworker is a cow :)

Guest guest

I don't know about that! Some doctors hand them out like candy.A good friend of mine used to be a nurse. She is retired due to many health problems. She is 65 (I am 26) and Tylenol with codeine helps her when she has diarrhea. She has it often due to some complex bowel problems. Her doctor prescribes Tylenol 3 for her for that reason! So I imagine there is some doctor somewhere who would give it because of sound issues.

---------------------------------------------------------

♥

" Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before. " -Holley Gerth ♥

> >

> > > I'm currently on painkillers for other reasons and they seem to take the

> > > edge off of my trigger sounds and I feel better. Anyone with this

> > > experience please respond. Thank you.

> > >

> >

>

I am on painkillers for RA, but honestly they make me so ill I barely tolerate taking 1/2 doses. I do have soma for an occassional back problem, and when I take those, they do block out the noises that bother me. I think it works because they make me feel kinda stoned, only problem is the effect only lasts about 20 minutes. Also, no way you could find a doctor to prescribe them because your coworker is a cow :)