RemedySpot.com

Setting up a non-profit for misophonia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Anyone here had experiences with setting up a non-profit?

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 10:44 AMSubject: Re: Re: Neuro-feedback and insomnia/Misophonia & Future

I'm a Canadian so I don't think I can help set up the 501C, but I will gladly contribute $ to the association.

How exciting! I can donate the domain names:

misophonia.com

misophonia.net

to the nonprofit, if the (not-yet-formed) board decides they are interested in them.

Chris

To: "Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 5:33 AMSubject: Re: Re: Neuro-feedback and insomnia/Misophonia & Future

http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-501c3-Nonprofit-Organization

I found this info online. This would be a process and take a considerable amount of financial and human resources.

But I think it is very possible to do if there is enough interest here.

Mike

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:36 PMSubject: Re: Neuro-feedback and insomnia/Misophonia & Future

> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > >>> > > >>> > > >> I need to report on the progress I  have made with a type of neuro-feedback. About 6 weeks ago I spent one week at Brain State Tech. in sdale, AZ, because it> > > >>came up in a list of neurofeedback practitioners in my area. It is a bit different from some other neurofeedback practices, none of which I have any experience with, but wanted > > > >>to try because of the results that have been discussed on this site. > > > >>> > > >>> > > >>I had ten 1 1/2

hour sessions over the course of 5 days (at a total cost of $2,000.00), where I basically sit and listen to various tones and am hooked up to electrodes that are attached to my head and moved > > > >>every 15 minutes of so. Very simple  and I slept through much of it. ( I am always tired because I have severe insomnia). Sleeping they said would not affect the results. > > > >>Anyway I have been hoping for some results with my Misophonia, but have not yet felt any reduction in symptoms. > > > >>But I have been doing much better with it because for the first time in over 3 decades I am sleeping 7-8 hours a night of very restful sleep, for about a month now. > > > >>> > > >>> > > >>AMAZING! > > > >> I have tried everything for insomnia spent thousands of dollars on treatments, medications,

you name it, nothing would even put a dent in it.  I did get some sleep when I used > > > >>drugs, but I became addicted to sleeping pills and in time they didn't work well. I have been walking dead for over 30 years but now sleep like a baby. > > > >>And my Misophonia, while still there is a bit easier to cope with since I am not tired and stressed and am well rested. > > > >>> > > >>> > > >>I am just reporting my results here. Nothing in it for me. I hope to eventually get some help with Neurofeedback. I may try another type and see if that works. I am monitoring the > > > >>results of others on this site to see how it is working for them. > > > >>I do feel hopeful that there will be help for this disease in the near future. > > > >>> > > >>>

> > >>Thanks for all that goes on here. I love the help and support I get here. > > > >>> > > >>> > > >>Mike L. > > > >>> > > >>> > > >>> > > >>> > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > >>