RemedySpot.com

Re: too many digests

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Im finding that people creating new emails for every response to a question or subject is inundating my inbox. I preferred being able to read several responses at once contained in one email. Now its getting out of hand. we need to think of something, especially with the membership growing since the airing of 20/20. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:10 PM Subject: too many digests

the problem is that since the 20/20 airing, there is way too much activity on here for the normal list. 25 messages are gathered into a daily digest, but lately we're getting more than a few of these daily. and people are still not editing their responses (common courtesy on a list), so the scrolling is a headache.

so, i'm stopping my subscription to the digest. this email list doesn't need to consume my life, though i do find it helpful and i hope the rest of you do too. good luck to everybody, and i'll read you on the yahoogroups site when i am in the mood.

Jean

Guest guest

The simple solution is to edit your membership. Click on Edit Membership right up above and then scroll down to step 2 to change your 'Message Delivery'. Simply choose 'Web Only' and then you can just sign in to this group and view at your own pace. That's what I do and I never get any emails at all. Much nicer. The way this system is set up it will never be in control. Everyone's settings are at default when they sign up and they are so excited to be here that they don't know how the system works yet (ie. digests, snipping responses, etc...). That is why the other website is nice where it's a forum set up. It is much easier to follow responses to certain threads.Misophonia.Info >> Im finding that people creating new emails for every response to a question or subject is inundating my inbox.� I preferred being able to read several responses at once contained in one email.� Now its getting out of hand.� we need to think of something, especially with the membership growing since the airing of 20/20.� > � > > > ________________________________> To: Soundsensitivity > Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:10 PM> Subject: too many digests> > > > � > > the problem is that since the 20/20 airing, there is way too much activity on here for the normal list. � 25 messages are gathered into a daily digest, but lately we're getting more than a few of these daily. � and people are still not editing their responses (common courtesy on a list), so the scrolling is a headache.> > so, i'm stopping my subscription to the digest. � this email list doesn't need to consume my life, though i do find it helpful and i hope the rest of you do too. � good luck to everybody, and i'll read you on the yahoogroups site when i am in the mood. > Jean>