RemedySpot.com

Re: diagnosis when?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Joy and all,

I have gone through many emotions since becoming ill. I have been resigned to death, and as I am a Christian, believe the afterlife will be pretty good. But then the thought of leaving my wonderful family, 4 children and 9 grandchildrenl, seems selfish. And I am not dying yet. As exhausting and frustrating as it is I keep on keeping on.

I did come across some great reading by web searching "chronic illness". Here is one site you might try.

http://www.healingwell.com/library/health/malik1.asp

Best Wishes,

MarilynStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

How right you are about loving your body! Years ago I read "Love, Medicine, and Miracles" by Bernie Segal, MD and he stresses this. Find something you like about your body, even your knees or something simple like that and stand in front of a mirror every day and say how much you love your body and how special it is and how special you are for being yourself. Trader Joe's sells a couple different types of acidophilus probiotic combos. I remember an article in Consumer Reports magazine a couple years ago comparing different brands of probiotics and yogurst. They found that the yogurst actually contained a lot of viable probiotics. Never let them get warm, of course. Tea tree oil is a very effective antifungal, just be sure to dilute it some if very much treatment is needed because it is very strong and can dry the skin too much. Good as a mouth med for canker sores, too, if put on a Q-tip and held against the sore for a couple min

utes several times a day.

Kay

-------------- Original message --------------

Hi Sandie,I use probiotic daily, (if I don’t things ‘jam up’!). The SB FlorActiv is made by BioCeuticals (www.bioceuticals.com.au) and contains Saccharomyces cerevisiae (boulardii) 25mg/capsule. I did use homeopathics for a while, but really couldn’t say they’re strong enough for Pseudomonas infections – or fungal (mostly candidal oral and dermal.) If you can get something which contains same ingredient I would highly recommend – with so much abx onslaught we have, I don’t think yoghurt has enough... But if it works, that’s great!At least 2-4 courses (2x weeks usual) abx during the year is usual, but can be more – have had up to 7-8 exacerbations in one year, around 04-05. Last year had long courses of anti-fungals as well, so between one and another it feels like a lot, and I’m supposed to take Strontium for osteoporosis, but haven’t started yet.

Just too many meds, just can’t get my head around it, and I suppose I really will need to ...I have had to take other abx other than Ciprox at times (eg for teeth removal or other kinds of infections), and try to avoid the known fungus-favouring ones.I remember an earlier email – it’s hard to love your body when it ‘fails’ so much .... But it’s so important to love it, appreciate what it has endured, and treasure it until it’s time has come to let you move on...Joy (from Oz)-- Sentient beings, all our very own mothers, are as limitless as space