RemedySpot.com

Re: Why does mimicking make one feel better

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A big chunk of my frustration is my admitting that the sounds bother me more than others, but nobody seems to realize that I shouldn't have to endure un-necessary annoying sounds. It is not without logic, right?So this post bothers me. The coworker makes the sounds but nobody expects them to conform to anything normal. YOU make the sounds, and it is harassment?They make the sounds, and it only bothers you, so you must endure it. You make the sounds and it bothers everybody? It only bothers the one you mimick, and bothering them is forbidden? Explain this reasoning to me. Anyone?Bob

Guest guest

Mimicking is a compulsion. A person does this, in my belief, to create an equilibrium or a balance in their mind. People do compulsions until the situation "feels right" again. I think of it as trying to balance an invisible scale. From: Pam Cavaleri

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:10 PM Subject: Why does mimicking make one feel better

I mimicked a coworker and she went to HR to report me. My supervisor and an HR person spoke to me and said if i did it again I could be terminated. I was embarassed and explain the issues I have with sounds and all they said was to contact our EAP group. I went to five sessions with a counselor who had no idea what to do to help me. The 20/20 program was an answer to my prayers, finally someone understands! I plan to try whatever I need to do to help myself as well as gain knowledge from others who feel the same pain. This is the first time I have participated in a group online help group and alrady I love all of

you.