RemedySpot.com

What is your traumatic story?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

While I know this is probably a " wiring issue " I'm sure this condition has

created traumatic experiences for people. I wanted to share my most traumatic

experience and thought it would be interesting to here some of yours.

When I was a preteen my mother, albeit caring, misunderstood my condition. She

has always had a " nip it in the but " sort of attitude about things and wanted to

end my condition due to the problems it was causing our family. She thought it

would be a good idea to sit me down with herself and my sister (the worst

offenders for me) and open mouth chew gum in front of me until it goes away! I

don't know if them doing it on purpose made my condition worse but that was

extremely painful to have to sit through, I wasn't allowed to close my ears or

anything.

I remember this so well because the rage was like nothing I've felt before. I

had always been able to control my rage better. Not this time, I was " forced "

to kick my mother in the shin. That was just like a snake giving its victim a

warning bite, what I wanted to do was much more graphic! After that I had to

live with the fact that I used violence to make the sounds stop, violence

against my own mother! That changes a person! The guilt was tremendous.

Guest guest

, I'm 41 years old and hopefully a "normal" person in most other ways, however I can relate the infuriating anger and desire to cause physical harm to people for the annoying noises they create. Growing up my mother used to talk on the phone in the same room as everyone was watching TV. This would go on every night with at least 2-3 phone calls each evening. I would glare at her constantly for the degree of rudeness of talking while other people are trying to follow the TV show. To this day, and even with my wife, I cannot tolerate people either talking amongst themselves or on the phone in the same room the TV is on. I'm always telling

my wife I can't see the point of turning the TV on if I can hear it. Sometimes I protest by turning the TV off. Thank God for recording, pause and rewind! The only exception for me would be at a bar because that is just the way life is in a bar atmosphere. To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012

4:29 PM Subject: What is your traumatic story?

While I know this is probably a "wiring issue" I'm sure this condition has created traumatic experiences for people. I wanted to share my most traumatic experience and thought it would be interesting to here some of yours.

When I was a preteen my mother, albeit caring, misunderstood my condition. She has always had a "nip it in the but" sort of attitude about things and wanted to end my condition due to the problems it was causing our family. She thought it would be a good idea to sit me down with herself and my sister (the worst offenders for me) and open mouth chew gum in front of me until it goes away! I don't know if them doing it on purpose made my condition worse but that was extremely painful to have to sit through, I wasn't allowed to close my ears or anything.

I remember this so well because the rage was like nothing I've felt before. I had always been able to control my rage better. Not this time, I was "forced" to kick my mother in the shin. That was just like a snake giving its victim a warning bite, what I wanted to do was much more graphic! After that I had to live with the fact that I used violence to make the sounds stop, violence against my own mother! That changes a person! The guilt was tremendous.