RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Are they comfortable enough for multi-hour use? Maybe you’ll find out tonight.

Thanks for the great find!

Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:23 PM

To: soundsensitivity

Subject: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZE

Here is the site to order the white noise ear plugs.

Write if you have any other questions.

Mike

To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:15 PMSubject: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I just got the white noise in-ear plugs that I ordered from Sleep-Eze.

I have never tried any ear plugs that made sound. Only regular ear plugs. I never liked the muffled silence of regular ear plugs.

That said, I have to say that I love the difference of having plugs that make sound.

It is sort of like rushing water or I would say a basic white noise sound. They do block out a lot of noise. Mostly because they make noise themselves.

It calms and relaxes me, like fans and white noise machines always do for me. And block out trigger noises while allowing you to hear some voices, depending

on how loud you set the volume control. Full volume blocks out most of the sounds that I think would bother most Miso sufferers.

I will try it tonight to see if it will block out my wife's snoring. I absolutely adore my wife, but man does she snore loudly! I lose a lot of sound sleep because of it.

I am going on a trip starting Wednesday so I will get to test it out in a lot of settings.

I think for the price, under $200.00 that they are a fantastic deal and a very affordable way of coping with this crazy problem that we have. I wish I had these many

years ago. For people that have been avoiding situations this may just open up some doors.

They look just like a typical hearing aid in your ear, nothing that anyone would ever comment on or probably even notice, especially if you are a woman and can cover

your ears with your hair.

Good luck,

Mike

To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:08 PMSubject: white noise in-ear plugs

I just ordered these in-ear white noise ear plugs.

They cost under $200.00 shipping included.

Read the info and see if it sounds good to any of you.

They shipped today but I will be gone till Monday at which time I will give a review.

They seem to be designed to block out snoring( something I am badly in need of!) but I am thinking that they will work to block out other trigger noises

while awake. I imagine that they look pretty much like regular ear plugs which is great.

And the price is right!

They also sell what I consider to be the best white noise machine. The Marpac.

I hope this helps and I will tell you all about it next week when I get home.

Mike

Guest guest

Hi , Sorry I couldn't talk the other day. I was visiting friends out of town. I will find out tonight if they are ok for multi- hour use. They are designed for sleeping and blocking out snoring, so I guess they are fine.They are very comfortable, no different than hearing aids. Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:31 PM Subject: Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

Are they comfortable enough for multi-hour use? Maybe you’ll find out tonight.

Thanks for the great find!

Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:23 PM

To: soundsensitivity

Subject: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

Mike

To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:15 PMSubject: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I just got the white noise in-ear plugs that I ordered from Sleep-Eze.

I have never tried any ear plugs that made sound. Only regular ear plugs. I never liked the muffled silence of regular ear plugs.

That said, I have to say that I love the difference of having plugs that make sound.

It is sort of like rushing water or I would say a basic white noise sound. They do block out a lot of noise. Mostly because they make noise themselves.

It calms and relaxes me, like fans and white noise machines always do for me. And block out trigger noises while allowing you to hear some voices, depending

on how loud you set the volume control. Full volume blocks out most of the sounds that I think would bother most Miso sufferers.

I will try it tonight to see if it will block out my wife's snoring. I absolutely adore my wife, but man does she snore loudly! I lose a lot of sound sleep because of it.

I am going on a trip starting Wednesday so I will get to test it out in a lot of settings.

I think for the price, under $200.00 that they are a fantastic deal and a very affordable way of coping with this crazy problem that we have. I wish I had these many

years ago. For people that have been avoiding situations this may just open up some doors.

They look just like a typical hearing aid in your ear, nothing that anyone would ever comment on or probably even notice, especially if you are a woman and can cover

your ears with your hair.

Good luck,

Mike

To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:08 PMSubject: white noise in-ear plugs

I just ordered these in-ear white noise ear plugs.

They cost under $200.00 shipping included.

Read the info and see if it sounds good to any of you.

They shipped today but I will be gone till Monday at which time I will give a review.

They seem to be designed to block out snoring( something I am badly in need of!) but I am thinking that they will work to block out other trigger noises

while awake. I imagine that they look pretty much like regular ear plugs which is great.

And the price is right!

They also sell what I consider to be the best white noise machine. The Marpac.

I hope this helps and I will tell you all about it next week when I get home.

Mike

Guest guest

I wasn't familiar with white noise, so I listened online to many versions of white, pink, brown, etc. Brown was the only one I could stand. White and pink sounded very grating and harsh to me, even at low volume. I like the sound of the ocean in real life, but even ocean sounds seem grating and artificial in all the recordings I listened too. I wonder if these ear plugs will ever be available with other choices for sound? I like the idea of ear plugs with sound because I don't care for the absolute silence of ear plugs. It makes me feel sort of suffocated, and I didn't realize that's what the problem was until a read a comment from someone here.

Missy in Nashville

Hi ,

Sorry I couldn't talk the other day. I was visiting friends out of town.

I will find out tonight if they are ok for multi- hour use. They are designed for sleeping and blocking out snoring, so I guess they are fine.

They are very comfortable, no different than hearing aids.

Mike

Guest guest

For the first time ever my wife's snoring did not wake or keep me up. I had to turn the noise generating ear plugs on high ( her snoring could wake up the dead! , amazingly loud) but for the first time ever Idid not hear it. Just a lot of white noise. I refuse to sleep in another room even if I lose sleep, so this is a great blessing to me. If white noise gets on your nerves or is annoying, than these are not for you. I seem to have a high tolerance for it, it calms my nerves and whole system. I get the same visceral calm that I get from a rocking chair. If I have a choice between snoring, which is not a trigger for me, but is just loud and keeps me up, and the myriad of trigger noises that upset me, I will take white noise every time. But like

I said, if you think that having the ability to block out triggers with a simple tiny device that is barely noticeable ( great for work) and costs under $200.00, than this might be for you. There is always the caveat that you might get too used to it and develop a greater intolerance to trigger sounds, but if your life is intolerable and you live in isolation from the world and people, than it seems to be to be a good idea at this time. Certainly not a cure, just a way of coping till an affordable and effective cure is found. And yes Missy, it would be nice if it came in pink or brown noise too. I will contact the company to see if that is possible. Right now this is designed to block out snoring for people. They have probably not even heard of Misophonia!Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 10:20 PM Subject: Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I wasn't familiar with white noise, so I listened online to many versions of white, pink, brown, etc. Brown was the only one I could stand. White and pink sounded very grating and harsh to me, even at low volume. I like the sound of the ocean in real life, but even ocean sounds seem grating and artificial in all the recordings I listened too. I wonder if these ear plugs will ever be available with other choices for sound? I like the idea of ear plugs with sound because I don't care for the absolute silence of ear plugs. It makes me feel sort of suffocated, and I didn't realize that's what the problem was until a read a comment from someone here.

Missy in Nashville

Hi ,

Sorry I couldn't talk the other day. I was visiting friends out of town.

I will find out tonight if they are ok for multi- hour use. They are designed for sleeping and blocking out snoring, so I guess they are fine.

They are very comfortable, no different than hearing aids.

Mike

Guest guest

Great news about your good night's sleep! Thanks for checking on the options for sound - maybe they will make it available some day. :-)

Missy

For the first time ever my wife's snoring did not wake or keep me up. I had to turn the noise generating ear plugs on high ( her snoring could wake up the dead! , amazingly loud) but for the first time ever I

did not hear it. Just a lot of white noise. I refuse to sleep in another room even if I lose sleep, so this is a great blessing to me.

And yes Missy, it would be nice if it came in pink or brown noise too. I will contact the company to see if that is possible. Right now this is designed to block out snoring for people. They have probably not even heard of Misophonia!

Mike

Guest guest

This may sound silly but is it $200 for a pair or $200 each ear??Sent from Cat's iPad

https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZEHere is the site to order the white noise ear plugs. Write if you have any other questions. Mike To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:15 PM Subject: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I just got the white noise in-ear plugs that I ordered from Sleep-Eze.I have never tried any ear plugs that made sound. Only regular ear plugs. I never liked the muffled silence of regular ear plugs. That said, I have to say that I love the difference of having plugs that make sound. It is sort of like rushing water or I would say a basic white noise sound. They do block out a lot of noise. Mostly because they make noise themselves. It calms and relaxes me, like fans and white noise machines always do for me. And block out trigger noises while allowing you to hear some voices,

depending on how loud you set

the volume control. Full volume blocks out most of the sounds that I think would bother most Miso sufferers. I will try it tonight to see if it will block out my wife's snoring. I absolutely adore my wife, but man does she snore loudly! I lose a lot of sound sleep because of it. I am going on a trip starting Wednesday so I will get to test it out in a lot of settings. I think for the price, under $200.00 that they are a fantastic deal and a very affordable way of coping with this crazy problem that we have. I wish I had these many years ago. For people that have been avoiding situations this may just open up some doors. They look just like a typical hearing aid in your ear, nothing that anyone would ever comment on or probably even notice, especially if

you are a woman and can cover your ears with your hair. Good luck, Mike To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:08 PM Subject: white noise in-ear plugs

https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZE I just ordered these in-ear white noise ear plugs.They cost under $200.00 shipping included. Read the info and see if it sounds good to any of you. They shipped today but I will be gone till Monday at which time I will give a review. They seem to be designed to

block out snoring( something I am

badly in need of!) but I am thinking that they will work to block out other trigger noiseswhile awake. I imagine that they look pretty much like regular ear plugs which is great. And the price is right!They also sell what I consider to be the best white noise machine. The Marpac. I hope this helps and I will tell you all about it next week when I get home.Mike

=

Guest guest

$200 for the pair. And three sizes of ear pieces. Just need to buy batteries. which you can find for about 50. each if you look. It is I think a good price for a noise generating earplug. Portable white noise. I really like them. To: "Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:51 PM Subject: Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

This may sound silly but is it $200 for a pair or $200 each ear??Sent from Cat's iPad

https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZEHere is the site to order the white noise ear plugs. Write if you have any other questions. Mike To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:15 PM Subject: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I just got the white noise in-ear plugs that I ordered from Sleep-Eze.I have never tried any ear plugs that made sound. Only regular ear plugs. I never liked the muffled silence of regular ear plugs. That said, I have to say that I love the difference of having plugs that make sound. It is sort of like rushing water or I would say a basic white noise sound. They do block out a lot of noise. Mostly because they make noise themselves. It calms and relaxes me, like fans and white noise machines always do for me. And block out trigger noises while allowing you to hear some voices,

the volume control. Full volume blocks out most of the sounds that I think would bother most Miso sufferers. I will try it tonight to see if it will block out my wife's snoring. I absolutely adore my wife, but man does she snore loudly! I lose a lot of sound sleep because of it. I am going on a trip starting Wednesday so I will get to test it out in a lot of settings. I think for the price, under $200.00 that they are a fantastic deal and a very affordable way of coping with this crazy problem that we have. I wish I had these many years ago. For people that have been avoiding situations this may just open up some doors. They look just like a typical hearing aid in your ear, nothing that anyone would ever comment on or probably even notice, especially if

you are a woman and can cover your ears with your hair. Good luck, Mike To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:08 PM Subject: white noise in-ear plugs

https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZE I just ordered these in-ear white noise ear plugs.They cost under $200.00 shipping included. Read the info and see if it sounds good to any of you. They shipped today

but I will be gone till Monday at which time I will give a review. They seem to be designed to

badly in need of!) but I am thinking that they will work to block out other trigger noiseswhile awake. I imagine that they look pretty much like regular ear plugs which is great. And the price is right!They also sell what I consider to be the best white noise machine. The Marpac. I hope this helps and I will tell you all about it next week when I get home.Mike

=

Guest guest

It depends on the volume. I keep it on high at night because my wife snores VERY LOUDLY! If you are not with a snorer, you could keep it down and would have no trouble with an alarm or phone. I think it will be great for movies, and other social or work situations that you need to block out triggersbut still hear most sounds. At least you can control the volume to meet the situation. Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:55 PM Subject: Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I just thought of something - would I still hear a phone or an alarm clock with these in?

Missy in Nashville

Mike

Guest guest

I'm so excited. I cannot wait to get a pair. Thank you sooooo very much for Sharing. Sent from Cat's iPad

$200 for the pair. And three sizes of ear pieces. Just need to buy batteries. which you can find for about 50. each if you look. It is I think a good price for a noise generating earplug. Portable white noise. I really like them. To: "Soundsensitivity " <Soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:51 PM Subject: Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZE I just ordered these in-ear white noise ear plugs.They cost under $200.00 shipping included. Read the info and see if it sounds good to any of you. They shipped today

but I will be gone till Monday at which time I will give a review. They seem to be designed to

=

=

Guest guest

I hope you like them . Please comment on them here. So many people here suffer so. it is hard to read some of the posts at times. I hope for the day when no one will need earplugs and does not have to live in isolation from the world or the people they love and need in their lives. MikeSent from my iPad

I'm so excited. I cannot wait to get a pair. Thank you sooooo very much for Sharing. Sent from Cat's iPad

=

=

=

Guest guest

Let us know if you do like them.I'd love to get them but I Just can't afford to spend the money...maybe I'll try to save up. We keep ourselves on a really tight budget.

=

=

=

Guest guest

I pray that this is my solution to my everyday triggers. I stay isolated unlessAbsolutely necessary. I have an extremely noisy co-worker and husband with high-pitched noisy breathing! Some days I can't take it anymore. Sent from Cat's iPad

I hope you like them . Please comment on them here. So many people here suffer so. it is hard to read some of the posts at times. I hope for the day when no one will need earplugs and does not have to live in isolation from the world or the people they love and need in their lives. MikeSent from my iPad

=

=

=

=

Guest guest

I will let everyone know. I pray this is my solution to living a somewhat Normal life!Sent from Cat's iPad

Let us know if you do like them.I'd love to get them but I Just can't afford to spend the money...maybe I'll try to save up. We keep ourselves on a really tight budget.

=

=

=

=

Guest guest

I would check into NFB also...that seems to be the big possible solution (or somewhat)...I am still looking/researching...but people have said good things

=

=

=

=

Guest guest

Liesa,Well they are a white noise sound. It may grate on you if you only like brown noise, though the difference can be subtle. I can only liken it to rushing water. Mine fit perfectly using the middle of the 4 sizes that come with it. No they do not compress and expand. They are a soft rubber that conforms to you ear. Check to see on their site if they can be returned if they are not what you want.. I will check too. Mike To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:04 AM Subject: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

, thanks for the review. A couple more questions:

- do they block voices less than regular earplugs do because they don't fit in the ear so tightly? Do they just insert in rather than having to compress them, then expanding inside your ear?

- is the white noise similar to the white noise from online sound generators that give you a choice of white, brown or pink? I'm another person who only likes the brown noise.

Thanks,

Liesa

>

> Well ,so far I can hear voices, which to me is the important thing, even with some white noise. You just haveÂ

> to adjust the volume for each situation. The noise seems to block out the triggers well, while still allowing forÂ

> voice recognition. Total sound blocking ear plugs don't allow for conversation or listening to voices.

>

> It's not perfect, but a pretty good compromise, under the absurd circumstances.Â

>

> Mike

Guest guest

I hope this helps. Please comment on your feelings about them. And good luck with your job and husband. The thing I hate the most about Miso is the isolation,the missing out on the good things in life and the limits it puts on a persons ability to live to their full potential. To: "Soundsensitivity "

<Soundsensitivity > Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:32 PM Subject: Re: Re: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

I pray that this is my solution to my everyday triggers. I stay isolated unlessAbsolutely necessary. I have an extremely noisy co-worker and husband with high-pitched noisy breathing! Some days I can't take it anymore. Sent from Cat's iPad

=

=

=

=

Guest guest

Got that right. Simple things like going to the movies..I can't do..and my wife wants to.

=

=

=

=

Guest guest

I check out the hearing impared headphones at the theatre and turn it all the way up and wear earplugs. It's great! Try it! :-)Sent from my iPhoneReal Results. Real science. Age-Defying Skin. www.heidisalerno.nerium.comHappy Dancing!www.jitterbal.comOn Jun 20, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Pyle wrote:

Got that right. Simple things like going to the movies..I can't do..and my wife wants to.

=

=

=

=

Guest guest

Whoa I didn't know such a thing existedSent from my iPhone

I check out the hearing impared headphones at the theatre and turn it all the way up and wear earplugs. It's great! Try it! :-)Sent from my iPhoneReal Results. Real science. Age-Defying Skin. www.heidisalerno.nerium.comHappy Dancing!www.jitterbal.comOn Jun 20, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Pyle wrote:

=

=

=

=

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

They come with 4 sizes of ear buds. The smallest one is exceptionally small. I couldn't use it. I can't imagine it being too large for anyone's ears. MikeSent from my iPad

I have very tiny ear canals and wonder if these would even stay in my ear, even with the smallest fit. I have trouble keeping tiny little earbuds to stay in place.

>

>

> >

> >Subject: white noise in-ear plugs --Review!

> >To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity >

> >Date: Monday, June 18, 2012, 10:15 PM

> >

> >

> >Â

> >I just got the white noise in-ear plugs that I ordered from Sleep-Eze.

> >

> >

> >I have never tried any ear plugs that made sound. Only regular ear plugs. I never liked the muffled silence of regular ear plugs.Â

> >

> >

> >That said, I have to say that I love the difference of having plugs that make sound.Â

> >

> >

> >It is sort of like rushing water or I would say a basic white noise sound. They do block out a lot of noise. Mostly because they make noise themselves.Â

> >It calms and relaxes me, like fans and white noise machines always do for me. And block out trigger noises while allowing you to hear some voices, dependingÂ

> >on how loud you set the volume control. Full volume blocks out most of the sounds that I think would bother most Miso sufferers.Â

> >I will try it tonight to see if it will block out my wife's snoring. I absolutely adore my wife, but man does she snore loudly! I lose a lot of sound sleep because of it.Â

> >I am going on a trip starting Wednesday so I will get to test it out in a lot of settings.Â

> >

> >

> >I think for the price, under $200.00 that they are a fantastic deal and a very affordable way of coping with this crazy problem that we have. I wish I had these manyÂ

> >years ago. For people that have been avoiding situations this may just open up some doors.Â

> >

> >

> >They look just like a typical hearing aid in your ear, nothing that anyone would ever comment on or probably even notice, especially if you are a woman and can coverÂ

> >your ears with your hair.Â

> >Â

> >Â Good luck,Â

> >Mike

> >

> >

> >

> >________________________________

> >

> >To: "soundsensitivity " <soundsensitivity >

> >Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:08 PM

> >Subject: white noise in-ear plugs

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >Â https://www.soundmachinesdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SLEEP-EZEÂ

> >

> >

> >I just ordered these in-ear white noise ear plugs.

> >

> >

> >They cost under $200.00 shipping included.Â

> >Read the info and see if it sounds good to any of you.Â

> >They shipped today but I will be gone till Monday at which time I will give a review.Â

> >They seem to be designed to block out snoring( something I am badly in need of!) but I am thinking that they will work to block out other trigger noises

> >while awake. Â IÂ imagine that they look pretty much like regular ear plugs which is great.Â

> >And the price is right!

> >

> >

> >They also sell what I consider to be the best white noise machine. The Marpac.Â

> >

> >

> >I hope this helps and I will tell you all about it next week when I get home.

> >

> >

> >Mike

> >

> >

>

=