RemedySpot.com

Re: So tired of this condition.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have a child who " despise's " (sp?) Her father.  He has gurd problems, and his TV chair is right next to the computer.  She has misophonia...and will scream " JUST STOP IT!! STOP I! " when he makes an unintentinal stomach noise, or has to clear his throat.

I do my best, to explain to them both, because it does sound soooo mean.  I say to them both...it is not your fault, but you can work on reacting differently.  " Keep saying to yourself...they cannot help it. "   

She must leave anyone.  But the outburst...leaves a feeling of despair afterwards.  So lately she's been just getting off the computer and quietly going upstairs.

When he wants her to watch a show with him, I explained to him, she just can't be in the room with you right now. 

I try to be the middle person, but it is hurtful to everyone, and it's truly neither of their faults. 

I pray that something will found to help everyone.  I really do.

M

I am so tired of living with a condition that makes it difficult for me to even spend time with the people I love because of the irritating noises they make like yawning. I am so tired of being judged by the world as being a hateful person for having this condition.

------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE.

ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you.  MJ