RemedySpot.com

SPD, AIT, and motion sickness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was at a conference this week and sat in on a Sensory Processing Disorder seminar. I spoke with the OT afterwards and mentioned to her my son's problems with the vestibular system (spinning, rolling etc...he gets motion sickness. That type of movement though is great for kids with sensory issues-but alas, we can't do that kind of therapy because it makes him ill). She asked me if he had had lots of ear infections. None. He has always been healthy as a horse. She asked if he had any other kind of auditory problems, and I told her about his sound sensitivities. She seemed to think that the two were related, which does makes sense. So I was wondering if many others here have difficulty with spinning and/or motion sickness. The OT and another lady in the room recommended Auditory Integration Therapy (AIT) by Berard. This other lady that was there had used it with her daughter who processed sounds abnormally, and had great success. I first read about AIT when I was researching and trying to find out why my son reacted the way he did to certain sounds. About the same time, I found this group. I don't know if it has been talked about here, or if anyone has tried it, but I'd love to hear someone experience with it who has misophonia.

Ginger