RemedySpot.com

Re: Should we continue neurofeedback?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes. It gets harder before it gets better. At first I thought my triggers were worse and then it stayed the same for a long while and then slowly got better. Please do a search of old post by Clye who gave a detailed description of his and his son's 80 plus sessions and the regression they had to endure before they started making improvement ad eventually elimination of miso. The thought is that this is a deep brain issue not a surface brain problem and therefore it's going to take longer to train the brain to deal with triggers. 8 sessions is really just scratching the surface and may stir things up making it seem like things are worse. It appears with those few of us who have done it and are doing it, that it takes a long time to get to that part of the brain. Also look at my past post about the specifics my NFB dr gave as I too use Cygnet and share that post with your son's practitioner. Good luck and if you can afford to, don't give up yet. HeidiSent from my iPhoneReal Results. Real science. Age-Defying Skin. www.heidisalerno.nerium.comHappy Dancing!www.jitterbal.comOn Jun 26, 2012, at 8:56 AM, "lcfarmer_99" wrote:

We started our son (9) on neurofeedback - this practitioner uses Cygnet. He has had 8 sessions. We do not see much of a difference. At first he was going to sleep earlier. Now some nights he does and some nights it's midnight or later. We thought at first he was not reacting to triggers as much but the past few days have been just as bad as before we started. For those of you who have done neurofeedback, do you think we should continue? Does it seem to get worse before it gets better? Most have reported better sleep and decrease anxiety at first but it's hard to tell. It seems if his anxiety was improving he wouldn't be reacting so extremely to the triggers. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Guest guest

Also please do give a detailed report each time to his practioner, how he was in every area you can think of not just miso since last treatment, so that adjustments can be made. Sent from my iPhoneReal Results. Real science. Age-Defying Skin. www.heidisalerno.nerium.comHappy Dancing!www.jitterbal.comOn Jun 26, 2012, at 8:56 AM, "lcfarmer_99" wrote:

We started our son (9) on neurofeedback - this practitioner uses Cygnet. He has had 8 sessions. We do not see much of a difference. At first he was going to sleep earlier. Now some nights he does and some nights it's midnight or later. We thought at first he was not reacting to triggers as much but the past few days have been just as bad as before we started. For those of you who have done neurofeedback, do you think we should continue? Does it seem to get worse before it gets better? Most have reported better sleep and decrease anxiety at first but it's hard to tell. It seems if his anxiety was improving he wouldn't be reacting so extremely to the triggers. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Guest guest

Most also reported not seeing real changes til at least 20 treatments...from what I've read...and taking upwards of 80-100+ for big improvements.Have not had a chance to start myself still trying to find a doctor here in Dallas area..Also Heidi talks about diff types of NFB and methods and that some don't work as well for MisophoniaSubject: Should we continue neurofeedback?To: Soundsensitivity Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 10:56 AM