RemedySpot.com

Thanks Maikaefer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

For some reason wasn't able to reply to the thread with your post, so trying a new thread:

Thanks Maikaefer for the welcome. I wish you the best in gaining relief for this horrible condition, regardless of which option you choose whether it be the audiological approach, NFB, medication, or any other means. I hope whatever approach people use that it gives them relief from Misophonia rather than solely coping methods. I say that from the perspective of having a child with Misophonia. Possibly if it were just me I could continue to deal with methods to cope, although I would not want to subject my family to the anger and rage if triggered, if there were a better way to end those reactions. I also did not want to live with the social limitations it had put on our lives for our entire family. But with my son having it, coping was not good enough, I just could not stand for him having to live the life of misery that I did for 45 years. That is why I tell of the benefits achieved with NFB with my posts, and I appreciate that Dr. J has this site so that hopfully we will continue to hear of more success stories whether thru NFB or any means.

Bernadette's posts should give everyone cause to join in being elated, and hopeful for what NFB may possibly do for them. It was due to Bernadette's story regarding back in early January that prompted me to begin posting. Just in the last week was the first time I watched the 20/20 segment, and today I showed it to my wife. Seeing this, after reading of Bernadette's post from last evening, gave us both tears of joy. Her story is what it is all about.

Clyle

Guest guest

Thanks Clyle for sharing your story with us,I hope you and your son continue to have long-term relief from misophonia. I am also thrilled for Heidi and and Bernadette most of all. As far as myself personally, the medication is really not a choice unfortunately, but a necessity due to medical conditions and genetics other than the misophonia, maybe they are related, maybe not.. I cannot afford any treatments other than the medications which I have to take, so I learn what I can do on my own for my misophonia. My earnings have been at poverty level my whole life ( I am middle-aged) this is unlikely to change, NFB will most likely never be an option for me.I do believe there will end up being more

than just one way to successfully treatment misophonia, I think that CBT combined with other psychological approachs specifically tailored to misophonia has great possibilities although it may take longer than the NFB approach, which is why I am happy to hear that psychologists are also working on this problem.I am looking forward to hearing how NFB goes for others.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 3:48 PM Subject: Thanks Maikaefer

For some reason wasn't able to reply to the thread with your post, so trying a new thread:

Thanks Maikaefer for the welcome. I wish you the best in gaining relief for this horrible condition, regardless of which option you choose whether it be the audiological approach, NFB, medication, or any other means. I hope whatever approach people use that it gives them relief from Misophonia rather than solely coping methods. I say that from the perspective of having a child with Misophonia. Possibly if it were just me I could continue to deal with methods to cope, although I would not want to subject my family to the anger and rage if triggered, if there were a better way to end those reactions. I also did not want to live with the social limitations it had put on our lives for our entire family. But with my son having it, coping was not good enough, I just could not stand for him having to live the life of misery that I did for 45 years. That is why I tell of the benefits achieved with NFB with

my posts, and I appreciate that Dr. J has this site so that hopfully we will continue to hear of more success stories whether thru NFB or any means.

Bernadette's posts should give everyone cause to join in being elated, and hopeful for what NFB may possibly do for them. It was due to Bernadette's story regarding back in early January that prompted me to begin posting. Just in the last week was the first time I watched the 20/20 segment, and today I showed it to my wife. Seeing this, after reading of Bernadette's post from last evening, gave us both tears of joy. Her story is what it is all about. Clyle