RemedySpot.com

SPD, sleeping disorders, weighted blankets etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello again,I was talking with the woman that is doing my NFB. I had a bad nights sleep and she told me about SID(Sensory Processing Disorder) and howit can effect a person. Poor sleep is one symptom. She is on a one year internship with the NFB doctor I see to learn Brain Mapping,

since that ishis expertise, but usually works with children that have sensory integration issues like Aspergers, autism, ADHD,OCD etc. There seems to be an overlap of symptoms with all of those conditions and from what I read here daily, Misophonia as well. Being bothered by normal sounds, not to speak of touch and visuals is common among them. I guess they all effect similar areas of the

brain. One symptom can be anxiety and a greater than normal need to be hugged or have pressure on the body or skin. I have that, always have. She told me how effective weighted blankets( and vests)are in helping calm children with these disorders. I crave weight on my body when I

sleep, so plan to buy one of these blankets to see if it will help. The company is Sensacalm: . http://www.sensacalm.com/sensory-processing-disorder/I found it interesting

that one of the symptoms that they mentioned for SPD is being bothered by normal sounds!. Many people on this site speak of sensitivity to clothes, textures smells etc. There are some very interesting similarities. They also sell White Noise machines!You may want to check it out. Especially parents that have children who suffer with these problems.Best to you all,Mike