RemedySpot.com

RE: TFC Staffing Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Leah, UNOS houses staffing data, which identifies the type of personnel working at the center, as well as how many perform in each role. Steve R. Aulgur, BSBA, MBABusiness Manager, Transplant ServicesMailstop: 90-31-691-Jewish Hospital216 S. Kingshighway Blvd.St. Louis, Mo. 63110 Phone Fax Confidentially Statement: This email and any attached documents are confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individuals or entities listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy these documents.>>> "lmk276" 5/31/2012 3:04 PM >>> Hello, My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!! How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have (by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?Leah CMC Charlotte NC

Guest guest

We have 3 TFC’s for our

kidney, kidney/panc, liver, heart and soon to be lung transplant programs.

We do not do the billing. We have an assistant that does the Medicare

cost report. If there is a patient that is having financial difficulties,

we will follow them. We do verify and reverify insurances and then follow

up with any issues patients have with their insurance. We do not have the

data for transplant benchmarks. The QA area look at that. I hope this

info helps.

Michele Branham,

Sr. Transplant Financial Coordinator

Spiritual Ambassador

- Phone; - Fax

Luke 1:46-47 " My soul Glorifies the Lord and my Spirit

rejoices in God my Savior. "

TxFinancialCoordinators

[mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of lmk276

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:05 PM

To: TxFinancialCoordinators

Subject: TFC Staffing Questions

Hello,

My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can

get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly

appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!

How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?

Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?

Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have

(by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?

Leah

CMC

Charlotte NC

Guest guest

I am it we only do BMT and I review outstanding claims and

verify benefits monthly for all of our BMT patients as well as any continuing

auths that may be needed.

Dorinda S. Frye, Auth Rep

Hema/Onc, Infusion, BMT

Akron Children's Hospital

One Perkins Square

Akron, OH 44308

office

fax

TxFinancialCoordinators

[mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of lmk276

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:05 PM

To: TxFinancialCoordinators

Subject: TFC Staffing Questions

Hello,

My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can

get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly

appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!

How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?

Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?

Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have

(by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?

Leah

CMC

Charlotte NC

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This electronic mail transmission, including any attached files, may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized parties. Any review, use, distribution, dissemination, downloading, copying or disclosure by others is strictly

prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it, as well as any copies, from your system without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail.

Guest guest

Thanks Steve.  I didn’t realize they had how many TFCs in that data? I wonder what they correlate it to; # of patients, pre/post transplant, etc? M. Christiansen, BAS, RNTransplant Financial Case Manager DeVos Heart and Lung Transplant Program100 Michigan NEMC 231Grand Rapids, MI 49503Phone: Pager: Fax: lisa.christiansen@... From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of Steve AulgurSent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:12 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Re: TFC Staffing Questions Leah, UNOS houses staffing data, which identifies the type of personnel working at the center, as well as how many perform in each role. Steve R. Aulgur, BSBA, MBABusiness Manager, Transplant ServicesMailstop: 90-31-691-Jewish Hospital216 S. Kingshighway Blvd.St. Louis, Mo. 63110 Phone Fax Confidentially Statement: This email and any attached documents are confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individuals or entities listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy these documents.>>> " lmk276 " 5/31/2012 3:04 PM >>> Hello, My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!! How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have (by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?Leah CMC Charlotte NC

Guest guest

It's been a few years since I worked with the data but I believe they listed the number of transplants by organ for each center. You have to go into the Transplant Administrators section and may need special permissions to do so. >>> 6/1/2012 9:34 AM >>> Thanks Steve. I didn’t realize they had how many TFCs in that data? I wonder what they correlate it to; # of patients, pre/post transplant, etc? M. Christiansen, BAS, RNTransplant Financial Case Manager DeVos Heart and Lung Transplant Program100 Michigan NEMC 231Grand Rapids, MI 49503Phone: Pager: Fax: lisa.christiansen@... From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of Steve AulgurSent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:12 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: Re: TFC Staffing QuestionsLeah,UNOS houses staffing data, which identifies the type of personnel working at the center, as well as how many perform in each role. Steve R. Aulgur, BSBA, MBABusiness Manager, Transplant ServicesMailstop: 90-31-691-Jewish Hospital216 S. Kingshighway Blvd.St. Louis, Mo. 63110 Phone Fax Confidentially Statement: This email and any attached documents are confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individuals or entities listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy these documents.>>> "lmk276" 5/31/2012 3:04 PM >>> Hello, My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!! How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have (by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?Leah CMC Charlotte NC

Guest guest

Same in our center!>>> "Branham, Michele" 5/31/2012 4:19 PM >>> We have 3 TFC’s for our kidney, kidney/panc, liver, heart and soon to be lung transplant programs. We do not do the billing. We have an assistant that does the Medicare cost report. If there is a patient that is having financial difficulties, we will follow them. We do verify and reverify insurances and then follow up with any issues patients have with their insurance. We do not have the data for transplant benchmarks. The QA area look at that. I hope this info helps.Michele Branham,Sr. Transplant Financial CoordinatorSpiritual Ambassador - Phone; - FaxLuke 1:46-47 "My soul Glorifies the Lord and my Spirit rejoices in God my Savior."From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of lmk276Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:05 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: TFC Staffing Questions Hello, My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!! How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have (by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?Leah CMC Charlotte NC

Guest guest

We have 2 financial Coordinator for liver, heart and kidney.>>> "Branham, Michele" 5/31/2012 4:19 PM >>> We have 3 TFC’s for our kidney, kidney/panc, liver, heart and soon to be lung transplant programs. We do not do the billing. We have an assistant that does the Medicare cost report. If there is a patient that is having financial difficulties, we will follow them. We do verify and reverify insurances and then follow up with any issues patients have with their insurance. We do not have the data for transplant benchmarks. The QA area look at that. I hope this info helps.Michele Branham,Sr. Transplant Financial CoordinatorSpiritual Ambassador - Phone; - FaxLuke 1:46-47 "My soul Glorifies the Lord and my Spirit rejoices in God my Savior."From: TxFinancialCoordinators [mailto:TxFinancialCoordinators ] On Behalf Of lmk276Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:05 PMTo: TxFinancialCoordinators Subject: TFC Staffing Questions Hello, My manager has asked me to post this question to the listserv to see if we can get any data on the following questions. Any help available is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!! How many Transplant Financial Coordinators do you have at your facility?Do the TFCs perform billing and account follow up services for your center?Do you know of any data that benchmarks how many TFC's a facility should have (by volume, types of transplants, etc.)?Leah CMC Charlotte NC

Guest guest

CCF has 5 fulltime Transplant Financial Coordinators and a new team member to assist with registration corrections and reports related to our transplant patients. Kidney/Panc are handled by one FC while BMT, Heart, Liver, Lung all have their own dedicated TFC's.

We will assist our patients and donors with their billing issues but we are not responsible for the billing.

A Rossman | Transplant Financial Coordinator | RCM |  PFFS

The Cleveland Clinic 9500 Euclid Avenue Q10 425b  Cleveland, OH 44195 

Tel Toll Free (800)223-2273 Fax (216)636-1191 rossmat@...

Donate Life -

This document contains confidential, privileged information protected by the quality assurance and peer review privileges as outlined in Ohio Revised Code, sections 2317 (a), 2305.24, 2305.25 - 2305.253, and 2305.28

===================================

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top hospitals

in America by U.S.News World Report (2010). Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for

a complete listing of our services, staff and

locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use

only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed

and may contain information that is privileged,

confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable

law. If the reader of this message is not the intended

recipient or the employee or agent responsible for

delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are

hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or

copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If

you have received this communication in error, please

contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in

its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.