RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Wyeth ganging up on estriol and compounding pharmacies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

why are they singling out 'estriol' vs any of the estrogens , as shown in your subject line? I dont get it....

Christa

To: rhythmicliving From: indiana127@...Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:15:15 +0000Subject: Re: Wyeth ganging up on estriol and compounding pharmacies

Compounders buy their drugs from PCCA, which purchases them from the chemical companies that manufacture them, from which they receive a Certificate of Analysis. Big Pharma has no part of this. These chemicals are again inspected for quality by PCCA Quality Control AND the *FDA* and state regulatory agencies for purity. So much for FDA's claim that they have no oversight. When I visited PCCA (Professional Compounding Centers of America) in Houston, we were given a tour and told all about this series of inspections to insure quality. The compounding pharmacy where I worked was regularly inspected by the state of Indiana (I don't know how often, since I worked part-time), and our levels of purity were always much better than the standards required. The website address for what PCCA does is www.pccarx.com/aboutus.aspx . Wyeth lost so much money from the WHI report that they're trying to wipe out the competition--compounders. But not only will women who use bio-identical hormones be hit, but so will children with adult diseases (heart disease, for one) and pets, among so many others. There will be a lot of angry, and perhaps DEAD, patients.Virginia>> I thought that the big pharma companies supply the hormones that the> compounding pharmacies use in their formulations? Each of these pharmacies> is not a manufacturer, they use hormones that are manufactured on a vast> scale. The hormones are all manufactured products, even if they are> chemically identical to the bodies hormones. Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more