RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: estrogen face cream - estrasorb

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Liz,

It was a very good meeting, I like him.

I basically told him that my goal was to feel for an entire month, like I do from days 5 – 14 of my cycle. And that I was looking for optimised health, energy, etc. From my readings, I was also interested in all the issues around E & P, HGH, Pregnenolone, DHEA & T.

We had my blood workups from day 10 of my cycle in England and day 20 of my cycle in LA.

As to the Estradiol/Estriol debate, he looked as if he couldn’t understand how there could be a debate at all. In his mind, they are both so beneficial, why wouldn’t you do it? Assuming your body agrees with it. He was very quick to point at, that each person is completely different, so you really have to know your body and get the balances right for how you feel. Numbers are just numbers, but how you feel is key. So while estriol is in much greater quantities while pregnant, it still exists in the body when not, and his tri-est doesn’t get one to nearly those pregnancy levels, but provides all the other benefits. He hasn’t had a patient that he could think of, who had a problem with estriol specifically. He did run an E-3 test on my blood after I left, so I’ll call in and find out how that went.

As to P, again, it was very individual. He has had some patients with too much progesterone, and had them reduce it accordingly. And they were fine. But he wasn’t wary of someone trying it. His point is always to start slow, and your body will tell you when you’ve had too much.

As to maintaining a period after menopause, he felt that was an individual decision and what worked best for the person. But he didn’t see why women would want it if they had a choice!

Where my particular cycle was interesting, is that my Estrogen (E-2) drops by 2/3rds from day 10 to day 20. I have a very high level on day 10 and that’s of course when I feel great. So it was clear to him that I should add some Estrogen (tri-est) from days 14 until about 22 to start. Which I have done this month for the first time. He has a little pump mechanism, and you can use 1 – 4 pumps twice a day. I’ll have to look up what that amounts to if you are interested.

My P was good and he saw no reason to add any.

As expected, before I even showed him my UK blood work, he pulled the skin on my hand and felt I was low in HGH. Which my blood work confirmed. My skin seems good to me (!), but he thought the elasticity could/should be much better. He showed his own hands and arms, which are very taut. He has been taking HGH for over 15 years. So, I started it about 3 weeks ago! So far, so good. I would expect it will take a while before I notice any results.

From there...he wouldn’t touch anything else, because he felt I shouldn’t add in too many variables! But he did give me some green tea extract and red wine extract supplements. Along with the face creams which I think are just nice and not meant to really add hormones to your body, except maybe in very small doses.

Now what has been weird this month, is that I am either having an early period by 10 days (which has never happened to me), or some big mid cycle spotting. About 3 years ago I had some mid cycle spotting, but definitely different than a period, which turned out to be polyps. They were taken out and all the symptoms went away. A minor spotting started about 3 months ago again, so it’s either the polyps back or some other change. I haven’t had a scan yet. But this month feels different from just a little spotting, and I’m wondering if adding the tri-est for a week created the mid cycle bleeding or early period? My body getting used to something different? Hmmm.

Nora

Reply-To: <rhythmicliving >

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:08:24 -0800

To: <rhythmicliving >

Subject: RE: Re: estrogen face cream - estrasorb

Nora,

Do you mean these are just for your face or is this to help with hormonal problems? I've been waiting to hear how your appointment with Uzzi went :)

Liz

www.ojaipaintedminis.com <http://www.ojaipaintedminis.com/>

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Nora Rothrock

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:11 PM

To: rhythmicliving

Subject: Re: Re: estrogen face cream - estrasorb

Hi everyone,

I just saw Uzzi Reiss in LA and he gave me a day cream and a night cream. The day cream has estriol and pregnenolone in it as well as some other goodies. Small amounts. The night cream has estriol and progesterone in it, again small quantities. I’ve only been using them a couple of weeks, but I like the night cream a lot. The day cream takes a little too long to absorb so not as practical if you are trying to then put on make up and get out the door!

Nora

Reply-To: <rhythmicliving >

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:02:21 -0800 (PST)

To: <rhythmicliving >

Subject: RE: Re: estrogen face cream - estrasorb

I would like to know more about this also. what form of Retin A are you using?

Gale

Christa McClellan wrote:

I was wondering where you found the least expensive way to get estrasorb cream, and did you mean this is estradiol, not estradio? I have been using estriol on my face, but wonder if I should switch to estradiol. thanks.

Christa

To: rhythmicliving

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:00:52 +0000

Subject: Re: estrogen face cream

>

> I am just wondering if plain estriol cream really helps if applied

to

> face wrinkles. I mean I wonder if the molecules are small enough to

> penetrate the dermis, and since the face is thin tissue area, it

> probably does not retain the estrogen for long. Any ideas?

>

I have found this to work on my skin pretty well. I mix Retin-A 0.025%

(pea size) and about three drops of estrasorb cream and then apply it

to my face nightly. It is a bit greasy but I put it on pretty early in

the evening so it has a chance to absorb. I saw about the estrogen

being applied to the face in one of my dermatology books and thought I

would give it a try. I had never seen about it being mixed with Retin-

A but my skin is very sensitive so I used to mix it with a moisturizer

but tried the estrasorb instead. BTW estrasorb is estradio. Hope

this helps.

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now! <http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008>

Thanks,

Gale

Neighborhood Service Network

New email: NSNdallas@...

Visit our new Website at:NSNdallas.com