RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: stopped P, now ovulating again :)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kathy

I figured out on first on my own and then checked with my naturopath about candida. everytime I would take a dose of P, I felt more and more sick all over and then I got some sort of sinus an dchest infection that I feel was caused my the P immunosuppression. I was sick for 4 weeks! also a WIP pharmacist said I should check this out because she said it is common for P to aggravate or bring out candida issues - which certainly seems to be the case for me.

thanks for sharing how you are using the P now. That is really interesting and makes alot of sense.

I have so many changes in my cycle happening these days that I havent got a plan to start or not start using P again. I am very afraid of it honestly. I have to wait several weeks to take a saliva test to see what my levels are doing with out any P supplements - very slow process, but again I'm grateful to be feeling much better these days, and going to take things slowly.

Christa

To: rhythmicliving From: acaciamesquite@...Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:27:13 +0000Subject: Re: stopped P, now ovulating again :)

Hi Christa,I have found that I ovulate most months but my own progesterone dropsoff too soon and if I do not supplement with extra progesterone I willstart bleeding 9 days after ovulation. This will typically give me ashort cycle with a long period if I do not supplement with extraprogesterone. If I supplement with extra progesterone, I can extendthe progesterone phase of my cycle to about 14 days and have a normallength period. Getting this right is hit and miss though.Has it been long enough for you to know if your progesterone stays upfor about 14 days? I have not found anyone to talk with that seems tohave the same ovulation issues that I do and my doctor is no help. Iwould like to know if there are other women out there with a similarissue and if they have figured out how to cycle progesterone with thisissue. If I was not so progesterone sensitive, I think it would beeasier. I am 46.I do not feel better when my own progesterone kicks in, I feel worse.It never seems to fail that I can look back and know that I ovulatedbecause shortly after I will have a fight with my husband.How did you know that you had a candida issue?Thanks,Kathy>> Hello All - > > just wanted to note an interesting experience for me lately- I > stopped taking any supplemental P 6 weeks ago because I was having > nasty side effects, but continued with my estradiol, test, and iodine > solution,and 1 grain armour thyroid. I am 43 and have not ovulated in > 8 months, and was really feeling about my worst while on the P. > > NOw, for the first time in 8 months, I started ovulating again and am > feeling so much better. I had slowly been raising my iodine intake > over the last two months (keeping close watch on my adrenal > supplement amount)and no P supplements, and was on anti-candida diet > and homeopathic anti-candida for one month. did the trick for me and > am feeling much much better these days. Just thought I'd share > this....The most effective help was listening to my own symptoms, and > help from my naturopath.> > still dont know if it is my thyroid finally kicking in, or no P > supplements that 'rebooted' my endocrine system, but am grateful > > most conventional drs I feel are dangerous to follow completely.> > Christa> Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!

my clinical pharmacist uses zrt labs for the cortisol and sex hormone saliva tests and there were complete instructions in my kit. Check with your lab I m sure they could help you with the instructions.

To: rhythmicliving From: acaciamesquite@...Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:55:10 +0000Subject: Re: stopped P, now ovulating again :)

Thanks Christa,Yes it is a slow process trying to figure all this out! I am surethat once I have things down, things will change again.I am doing saliva testing this Sunday or Monday. What I do notunderstand is which little bottle do they take the hormone tests from?I am doing the 24 hour cortisol testing, thyroid testing and sexhormone testing from Diagnos Tech from the Canary Club. There are 4bottles plus two pour off bottles. I would prefer to have my hormonestested either right before I apply my estrogen/testosterone or at theend of the day so that I do not get peak levels. I could not figureout which bottle they test from though. My brain function does notseem to be as good since discontinuing my adrenal support inpreparation for the test though so my problem solving skills are notvery good right now. I decided to go off my adrenal support for thefull two weeks as suggested on the Adrenal board which has not beenpleasant. I still do not even know how I am supposed to send thebottles back to Diagnoss Tech (priority mail/ups/FedX…)...I am glad you are feeling better.Kathy>> Hello All - > > just wanted tonote an interesting experience for me lately- I > stopped taking anysupplemental P 6 weeks ago because I was having > nasty side effects,but continued with my estradiol, test, and iodine > solution,and 1grain armour thyroid. I am 43 and have not ovulated in > 8 months, andwas really feeling about my worst while on the P. > > NOw, for thefirst time in 8 months, I started ovulating again and am > feeling somuch better. I had slowly been raising my iodine intake > over thelast two months (keeping close watch on my adrenal > supplementamount)and no P supplements, and was on anti-candida diet > andhomeopathic anti-candida for one month. did the trick for me and > amfeeling much much better these days. Just thought I'd share >this....The most effective help was listening to my own symptoms, and> help from my naturopath.> > still dont know if it is my thyroidfinally kicking in, or no P > supplements that 'rebooted' my endocrinesystem, but am grateful > > most conventional drs I feel are dangerousto follow completely.> > Christa> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live.>http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008> Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!